After service, bootloader 4.6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chaos86, Dec 29, 2007.

1. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

I have the problem with my iphone where part of the screen's touch sensitivity stops working, and I need to send it in for service. The problem is, I use anySIM to fix the baseband to work with my t-mobile (usa) service, so I can't (yet) use an iphone with bootloader 4.6. Right now, the new iphones from the apple store, and even the refurbs have 4.6.

Does this mean that if I send it in for service I will get it back with 4.6? I understand that when I send them mine, they may send me back a different one, or even mine with some different parts. And part of their process may include wiping the firmware clean and reflashing everything.

Does anyone have a serviced iPhone that came with pre-1.1.2 software that they can check the bootloader version for me?

2. KiDFuZioN macrumors newbie

Since it's the touchscreen they will probably just send you a refurbised phone instead of fixing it, which will come with the new bootloader.

3. chaos86 thread starter macrumors 65816

chaos86

well this has me seriously considering using turboSIM or a similar product, so I don't have to wait for the hackers with the new firmware each time.