Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrandoFiasco

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
Santa Monica, California
So i just set up my SSD, changed the hibernatemode to 0 and everything works fine except! Instead of going to sleep when the battery gets too low, it just shuts off. Is that normal? I thought it would at least give me a few minutes of sleep time.

FYI. I changed it to 0 because i have an MCE optibay showing up soon (hopefully).

Thanks for the help, i'm fairly new to macs.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Not sure what else you would expect. Even with hibernation on the computer would hibernate and not sleep when the battery got that low because even sleep uses some battery. Seems perfectly normal to me.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
It should still be going to sleep when battery gets low, and your hibernate setting has absolutely nothing to do with that action.

You have some other problem going on, problably a calibration issue.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
If the battery goes to zero or near that I do not think it will sleep, it will hibernate because there isn't enough juice in the battery for sleep. He didn't say how low his battery went...

BrandoFiasco

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
Santa Monica, California
If the battery goes to zero or near that I do not think it will sleep, it will hibernate because there isn't enough juice in the battery for sleep. He didn't say how low his battery went...

I let it run all the way down. Either way i can deal with it, i'm just wondering if this is normal behavior or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.