After several months with both iPhone 6 and 6 plus, I've concluded...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daijholt, Jun 5, 2015.

1. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

that iPhone 6 is the perfect device out of the two.

Not in terms of individual use cases, but in general performance and design.

The 6 plus is almost too good for its own good, due in no small part to it having the same specs as the 6, but with far more taxing components to run (the "render at 3k then downscale to 1080p" screen being the most obvious).

I love them both, and feel privileged I'm in a position to own and use both for their own merits, but the 6 is the one thats perfect in every way; size, design, and performance.

Damn that thing is smooth. Although I think this year's 6 plus will be the one to come into its own.

Just some late night thoughts.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

To each his own I guess. My wife also has the 6. I much prefer my 6+

3. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

I haven't perused the iPhone forums in a bit. But are people still posting about this? Everyone is not you, you are not everyone. The 6 size is perfect for me. But the 6+ is the perfect phone for someone else. Enjoy your phones and let others enjoy their choice.

4. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

I can't believe how you can claim that the 6+ is objectively inferior:D

5. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I agree. I enjoy my 6 while the next person enjoys the 6+.

I had the 6+ on launch was about to go with it... Chose the 6 in space gray 64 GB... Glad I did.

6. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

The 6 is far too big. 5 is good size. 4 is perfect.

7. Fthree macrumors 6502a

I had a 6 until someone decided to steal it. Loved it

8. CYKBC macrumors 6502

I like it as well but would buy one more the 5s size with bigger display than 5s asap as in yesterday.

The first six is marred by poor build quality. Crescentgate, clicky screen. Hopefully they do better next build.

9. cnev3 macrumors 6502

I loved the hell out of my black iPhone 5. Was really skeptical about going to the 6 plus, but I decided I needed to go all out with trying large screen smartphones. Now when I look at my parents iphone 4 they look so small. I like the 6 plus because I don't have an iPad anymore and it covers both grounds, smartphone, and tablet.

10. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

Fair enough.

The iPhone 6 is a compromised substitute for owning both an iPhone and an iPad for the poor.

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

I went from a 6 plus (had one since launch) to recently getting a 6. To be honest, I should have gotten the 6 from the start. I can FINALLY text with one hand again...4.7" is definitely a great size...not too big and not too small. I was just over having to text with two hands on my 6 Plus. But, if someone ask me which one is the better overall device, I'd say the 6 Plus. It may be bigger but the OIS camera and battery life stands out on it.

12. MagicHAM macrumors regular

MagicHAM

Had the 6plus then went to the 6, I felt very nervous with 6 and possibly dropping it it seemed to me to be to slippery with my hands even with a nice wallet case on it. So have gone back to the 6 plus. :p It was steady and felt right for my awesome hands.

Each to their own. What works for one, may not necessarily work for the other.

All i know is I am not going back to Windows Phone again. :p

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Glad you like the 6, OP, but for me I prefer the 6 plus.

14. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

There is no way I would pick the 6 over the 6+.

The 6+ has to be one of the best gadgets ever made.

I am a long distance big rig driver (And Blueman) and I really don't know how I could live without it.

15. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Blueman? As in The Blueman Group?

16. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm in a tax bracket that most people around here would seem to define as poor. So, I guess your description fits. Add in the fact that the only two tablets I own were LG freebies thrown in for our deal with Sprint, the fact that the only Intel Mac I own is a 2006 MBP and that all the rest of my Macs are PowerPC (I am typing this on a 2001 PowerMac G4 Quicksilver) and you can go ahead and call me ghetto.

17. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

Only a stand in.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

The same discussion keeps on coming up over and over. It's like people trying to discuss if blue is better than red.

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Red is better. It's my color. ;)

20. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

But rather arguing which one is better using offensive words, like what I saw on some Chinese forums, I like such discussion in here.

21. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Hrrmmm. So, no offensive words, just superior and intolerant personal opinions that leave no room for dissent?

I guess that's better.

22. Hot12345 macrumors 6502

And a smaller device then the iPhone 6+

23. Hot12345 macrumors 6502

I prefer neon green

24. MacRazySwe macrumors 6502a

But... But.... It's not available in black!?! :eek: The horror! Are you sure you can put up with it? Sure you're not going to return it for the iPhone 5? ;)

25. JoePa2624 macrumors regular

JoePa2624

I miss my 6+. The battery on my 6 is mediocre at best whereas I could do whatever I wanted with my 6+ and battery would last all day. I'm plugging my 6 in by 1-2pm every day.