Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salilsundresh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
For some reason suddenly today I turned on my iPhone from sleep and then did the "slide to unlock" this brings me to the "favorites" screen in the Phone app. When I try to touch buttons on the screen or hit the home button, nothing responds. I tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, holding the home button for 30 seconds, and holding both of them for 30 seconds, it will not power down. At the slide to unlock screen I double tapped the home button and hit play to start playing some music, when I slide to unlock it brings me again to the "favorites" screen in the Phone app, if I double click the home button it brings up the music controls on screen, but they don't respond to my touching/tapping?! Any ideas on what to do? I tried syncing/charging and that didn't help.

salilsundresh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Okay, it finnally just shut off after leaving it alone and then hitting power+home for like 5 seconds. I don't know why this happened any ideas?

Watashiwaandes

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2008
i had this SAME problem, but after restoring with Ziphone and itunes, i got it back to normal. Now im really scared to jailbreak it again :( ..i wonder what it was that made my iphone freeze up like that.. could anyone tell me ..maybe so i can have some faith back in 3rd party apps :D

You can try refurbishing with Ziphone then, in itunes try a restore. Should work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.