After the 6.15 unlock..

Allegator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Can I use the iPhone 3gs just like normal?

Can I sync content from iTunes and use the app store?

What should I avoid doing that may brick my phone?

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Can I use the iPhone 3gs just like normal?

Can I sync content from iTunes and use the app store?

What should I avoid doing that may brick my phone?
1. Yes, you can use it as normal.
2. You can sync content from Itunes and use the app store as normal Iphone.
3. Don't restore your phone with Apple official firmware, do not hit restore, update firmware when Itunes asks you to do it. Do not hit "reset all content & setting" on the phone.

Allegator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
1. Yes, you can use it as normal.
2. You can sync content from Itunes and use the app store as normal Iphone.
3. Don't restore your phone with Apple official firmware, do not hit restore, update firmware when Itunes asks you to do it. Do not hit "reset all content & setting" on the phone.
Is there another program I can use to "restore" while keeping the 6.15 baseband. Like if I have any problems with the phone or want to sell the device what's the best way to reset it without bricking it?

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Is there another program I can use to "restore" while keeping the 6.15 baseband. Like if I have any problems with the phone or want to sell the device what's the best way to reset it without bricking it?
1. PanicRoom in Cydia can erase all personal information of the phone without the need of restore your phone thru iTunes before selling it.

2. Restore it thru itune with customs firmware.

Allegator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
1. PanicRoom in Cydia can erase all personal information of the phone without the need of restore your phone thru iTunes before selling it.

2. Restore it thru itune with customs firmware.

Would I need to do something to preserve my baseband of 6.15 if I just go into custom restore in iTunes and use the 5.0.1 IPSW that I have?

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA

Would I need to do something to preserve my baseband of 6.15 if I just go into custom restore in iTunes and use the 5.0.1 IPSW that I have?
You can't get rid of 06.15 baseband. It is iPad baseband and that the reason you need to create a customs firmware to restore it to. If you have a customs firmware create, then just use iTunes to restore your phone to it.

Allegator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
You can't get rid of 06.15 baseband. It is iPad baseband and that the reason you need to create a customs firmware to restore it to. If you have a customs firmware create, then just use iTunes to restore your phone to it.
Are there any trustworthy guides to creating custom firmwares for 6.15 on 5.0.1 on a mac?

b0bab0i

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
Are there any trustworthy guides to creating custom firmwares for 6.15 on 5.0.1 on a mac?
You can just use redsn0w 0.9.10b3/4 then go to "Extras" then "Custom IPSW" and choose the original 5.0.1 IPSW. redsn0w will automatically build the no BB firmware for you.

When you go into iTunes, hold option and click restore, choose the no_BB IPSW file and restore.

After phone has been restored, reuse redsn0w to jailbreak.

Allegator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
You can just use redsn0w 0.9.10b3/4 then go to "Extras" then "Custom IPSW" and choose the original 5.0.1 IPSW. redsn0w will automatically build the no BB firmware for you.

When you go into iTunes, hold option and click restore, choose the no_BB IPSW file and restore.

After phone has been restored, reuse redsn0w to jailbreak.
When jailbreaking, what IPSW do I use? Or, do I just hit jailbreak?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.