After the rush, still impossible to find?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigCanoe, Jun 28, 2010.

1. BigCanoe macrumors 6502

If you didn't pre-order, are you able to walk in and get an iPhone 4 at Apple, AT&T, Best Buy, Walmart, or Radio Shack yet?

Whats the best plan of attack!?

2. xmtgx macrumors regular

Depends on your location, in northern NJ the apple stores here have tons of stock.

3. wicker21 macrumors member

wicker21

I called around late last week to all stores that carry the phone and no one has them in stock for walk in orders. I am stopping by an AT&T store tomorrow morning hoping to snag two.

4. thedessie macrumors member

For what it's worth....

There are pretty much none to be found in Los Angeles. I just watched someone call everyplace we could think of and no one had em....I'm guessing it could be another couple weeks before you can walk in just anywhere, at least around here. :(

*waits for her July 15th shipment.

5. Jayderek macrumors 6502

Jayderek

I'm still waiting on my "pre-order" from Radio Shack. Supposedly I'm the first on their list when more come in...but who knows when the hell that will be.

~Jason

6. MikeTheVike macrumors regular

I've called a lot of places around here in St. Louis, MO and every place says they are sold out. I wonder if any of those places actually get regular shipments, but mayen they sell out early morning every day...

7. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

exactly where? I live in bergen county but called the store in the paramus area. non in stock and they're only taking names, unless they lied on the phone. if you could be more specific, that'd be great.

8. xmtgx macrumors regular

Willowbrook Mall Apple store has a lot, well over 100.

9. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I just called, they said no stock unfortunately.

10. DetTigers macrumors regular

None to be found in the Metro Detroit area, hoping to get one from AT&T tomorrow..

11. bluush macrumors 6502

One thing I've noticed, Apple Stores almost always say they're out over the phone, but if you go in they always seem tp magically have a few in stock. Was the same way with the initial release of the first iPod touch and the iPad. Just because they say they're out over the phone doesn't mean they're really out.

12. xmtgx macrumors regular

Odd, was just there they have tons in boxes, maybe for exchanges and 2nd reserves.

13. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

I walked in my Apple store on the 25th around lunch time and walked out with two iPhone 4.

14. jobsfnby macrumors regular

In st louis MO a walmart had 2 on Saturday but when i went back on sunday they were sold out. I picked mine up on sunday from west county apple store and they said they were all sold out and had no idea when they were getting another shipment in?

I'm trying to look for cases and skin shields and no one has any. I think almost everyone who's gotten the phone has som sort of protection because everything is sold out.

15. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I wonder if they're just telling people over the phone that none are in stock but when you walk in, you CAN pick it up. However, being that I live around Paramus, I don't want to take the drive JUST to see. when were you there and where did you see all these boxes? Were they sealed retail boxes?

16. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Well, I'm having no luck at all. I've been to Apple Store, Best Buy, Best Buy Mobile, AT&T and Wal-Mart. Nobody has any 4's at all. I finally got my name on the preferred list at my Apple Store and they said I would get an email when they have one for me, but have no idea when that might be. This reception issue sure doesn't seem to be affecting sales any.

17. BigCanoe thread starter macrumors 6502

I live outside Cary, NC too. Your post saved me some driving around :)

I figured our tech centric population would eat up any available local stock.

18. MikeTheVike macrumors regular

Did you call the WalMart? I'm wondering if places are getting regular shipments that sell out in the morning. I'm up to going someplace early, but I don't want to drive somewhere if I don't know for sure there will even be any.

19. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

In Central/South NJ

Menlo Park NJ store has them, quite a few from what I heard, but not sure the exact number?