After unlocking and selling iPhone 5..... Take out SIM card?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sap12690, Sep 17, 2014.

1. sap12690 macrumors 6502

So I sold my iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, so my question is once I get them unlocked and ready to ship out to the people who bought it. What do I do with the SIM card? Should I leave the ATT SIM card in the phones or remove them and ship the phones with out it. Does it even make a difference?

2. sap12690 thread starter macrumors 6502

So take out the SIM card?

3. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    Yes.

4. lke macrumors 6502a

Your sim card has your phone number, if you send the iphone with that sim car how you are going to use your new iphone.

Or do you want them to use your phone number and account number from ATT? They could call to china and you will have to pay.

Be sure to Delete everything with this option:

[​IMG]

5. Che Castro macrumors 603

don't the new iphones come with a new sim card?
    if you upgrade

6. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Hold onto it. Even if you do get a new SIM, this could be a spare. Plus if you ship it with the 5, your number and other data is still attached to the SIM card. Do you really want that floating around out there?

7. lke macrumors 6502a

Yes but if you are using already a nano sim, you can save the new sim for later.

I see no reason to use the new sim if you already have one.

* store the new sim and when you need it you can use it. it is very easy to transfer everything to your new sim, you only type your account and password from att and your old sim info is sent to the new one.