After unlocking my 3G (legaly) I can't turn off 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by esserdk, Dec 26, 2009.

1. esserdk macrumors member

After unlocking my 3G (legaly) I can't turn off 3G networking.

My carrier is 3G enabled, and I would very much like to turn off 3G at times, in particular when being low on battery.

Thanks in advance, Eskild.

2. esserdk thread starter macrumors member

Shameless bumping my own post!

I redownloaded the OS with itunes and restored. Still no 3G switch.

Anyone got an ide?

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I am guessing that this is controlled via the Carrier file on the iPhone. Are they a 3G-only carrier perhaps, like Three is in the UK? If so, maybe that's why they don't enable the switch.

I guess you could go to Airplane mode and then turn wifi on, but then you'd have no phone service.

4. esserdk thread starter macrumors member

Yeah my carrier is "3". Most of the time however I am on their Edge service (marked by the E instead of 3G sign in the header).

However what strikes me is that screenshots of the phones internet on "3"'s website, all show the 3G switch!
    Just look at this, clipped out directly from their danish website:
    [​IMG]

I have also tried to eject my SIM-card, restart the phone and then get the switch but it doesn't show up then either.

5. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Take it to your service provider see what they can do since you legally unlocked your IPhone they should be willing to help?

6. esserdk thread starter macrumors member

Sounds like an excellent idea.
    Thanks a lot for helping me narrowing down the problem. Should anyone figure something out, then please respond to the thread!

I will go get this fixed once I find the time.

Eskild.