After update my Dock is Solid Grey, not transparent

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Powrie, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Powrie macrumors 6502

This is what my dock looks like after the iOS 7 update:

Its solid grey and not transparent like it was before.

[​IMG]

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

3. Powrie thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

With five rows on the homescreen, that would be an iPhone 5 or an iPod Touch 5G.

5. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I noticed the same thing when I updated my iPad Mini. Try changing it to something with a lighter color. Anything that isn't predominantly black or very dark works much better. Any wallpapers I have that are black or at least black behind the dock and it shows as almost solid gray. Same goes for the folders.

6. Powrie thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea Iam thinking it must be something with the way they draw the color of the dock and how it is determined by the wallpaper.

Because the bottom on my space wallpaper is mostly black and I think that is why its giving me a grey dock.

Its a bit strange.

7. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Thanks, I couldn't see the whole image, but since it says AT&T it must be an iPhone 5.

I can't tell for sure if transparency is enabled or not but if it is disabled, you can turn in on in Settings by turning off increase contrast. It looks like it might just be you're wallpaper though.

8. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

It's not strange. That's the way the dock works. The bottom of your wallpaper is almost pure solid black, so iOS made your dock the darkest it's programmed to, which is obviously that shade of gray.