After Update to iOS 5, iPad 2 Won't Eject

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ASakai, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ASakai macrumors member

I Googled as well as searched this forum, but all I found were topics about someone's computer NOT recognizing their iPad.

Since upgrading both our iPad 2's today to iOS 5, my Hub's keeps randomly popping up under Devices on iTunes as if it's plugged in. Even when I was plugging in our 4S's to activate and restore them, there his was listed beneath the iPhone. I click the eject button and it disappears, but it keeps coming back like a psycho stalker.

I quit iTunes, rebooted the iMac, but the iPad still pops itself up - uninvited - in iTunes. It's as if it's really hooked up via the USB - apps, serial number, music, etc., all sitting there with this message under Version: "Connect this iPad using a USB cable in order to update or restore its software."

What gives?

(Sorry, I should have posted in the Troubleshooting area.)

2. jrboddie macrumors newbie

It is because you have enabled 'sync to iTunes with WiFi'. Uncheck this option in iTunes and you will be able to eject it.

3. ASakai thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, jrboddie.

One more question, if you don't mind. I've enabled that feature on all 4 devices in my house: two iPad 2's and 2 iPhone 4S's. Will the others start popping up, too? So far only his iPad was doing this.

4. jrboddie macrumors newbie

I don't know how this sync to iTunes with wifi is supposed to work. I didn't like iTunes starting on its on so I disabled the feature for all of my devices for the time being.

5. ASakai thread starter macrumors member