After Updated to 10.5.4 CCC says...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cfs, Aug 19, 2008.

1. cfs macrumors 6502a

this when I want to back up next to a gold sphere that is usually green stating that my back up will be bootable:

'The target volume already has Mac OS X installed. Copying a different version of Mac OS X to this volume may render it unbootable."

This has never happened before. I usually just select my Mac HD as my source and click on my target and choose back up everythong and it works flawlessly.

Anyone ever see this before. I am not sure what to do. Can anyone help out.

Thanks Forum,

CFS

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This is because the version on the backup volume and the version on the source volume differ. This is nothing to be concerned about for your situation, as you just did a minor update.

3. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank You.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I really think a quick email to Mike Bombich (the CCC developer) would be in order here to ask that same question rather than here to be honest as he knows the program obviously better than we do. I had one question a couple of years back and he responded quite quickly.

The only reason I suggest this is because in all my years of using CCC, I have never seen that message come up next the "bootability dot" as I have come to think of it- not even after I have done a "point" upgrade to the OS (that is 10.5.3 to 10.5.4 for example).

Just a thought.

Edit: I think the main reason that message bugs me is that CCC only looks at things on a per file basis and simply identifies bootability based on the presence or absence of one or more files- and it doesn't identify the whole OS that a backup has. Something is not right, but I just can't put my finger on it..... Are you using the latest (3.1.1 I think) version of CCC?