After updating iPod Touch, lost all apps & can't transfer them back

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FlyingPie, Aug 8, 2011.

1. FlyingPie macrumors newbie

I have a 4th-generation iPod Touch. It is not jailbroken and has never been jailbroken. Tonight I plugged it into my PC, and iTunes said the 4.3.5 update was available. So I let it update my iPod Touch. After my iPod Touch was updated, iTunes restored the backup. But I noticed that all my downloaded apps were gone.. My apps are all shown in iTunes. So, I tried to copy them back to my iPod Touch by dragging & dropping them - But it won't let me! This is a bit frustrating.. I've never lost my apps by a firmware update before, and I don't know why iTunes won't let me copy them back to my iPod Touch. What can I do to easily get my apps back on there? I don't want to download them all again.

2. macingman, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011

macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Go App Store-Updates-Purchased and you can see a list of all previously bought/downloaded apps and you can redownload ones you want at no charge.

Edit: I just read your post. Go into the iPod in the list of devices in iTunes-go to the apps tab and click the box that allows app syncing. Dragging and dropping won't work. I will leave my old post so other people searching the forums can find it.

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

This should do the trick...syncing always does it