After Upload Quicktime videos display in a pile

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by dewerte, Jan 18, 2009.

1. dewerte macrumors newbie

I recently uploaded my IWeb website to godaddy using Fetch. After the upload the rest of the website displays perfectly but the video page wont display properly. Of course to make my life easier I put about 5 quick time videos's on one page. In IWeb it looked great. After the upload though...no matter if i use Firefox or Safari The Videos are very misaligned. They are supposed to be centered over the text of what the video is. Also the videos are all piled on top of each other, which i had not done. Is there any way to fix this without having to create 5 different pages for the videos themselves. The text though does center and display properly.

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

iWeb of course generates it's own code, so if the WYSIWYG version doesn't match the browser version after you publish, you'll need to export the relevant HTML and CSS and post it here for us to help you or post the link so we can see it online. We may suggest importing new code to fix your alignment issues, but this may cause troubles when re-editing in iWeb. This is the trouble with iWeb in situations like this. You may find it aligns fine in some browsers, not others. Let us know, also, what browsers you tested.

Most people don't put multiple videos on one page - especially if they can all be started at once, or all pre-load at once. So aside from cosmetic issues of alignment, this can cause lots of technical/connection issues, long load times and increase your bandwidth usage to Hell if not carefully thought out so one video can't impede another. What's most commonly done is thumbnails are setup with specific frames from each video, those are displayed on one "video" page with all the descriptions, and when you click on a thumb a new page opens with that specific video video playing and a link back to the video page.

Get the idea?

-jim