After use of SuperDuper!, "System" keeps appearing..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Thrash911, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Thrash911 macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Hello ppl,

I recently used SuperDuper! to make a smart backup to my external Time Machine disk (preserving the backups). Later, I no longer had use for that backup, so I deleted the whole SuperDuper! backup from my Time Machine drive.

After this, this path keeps being created on the Time Machine drive: /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.bootstamps/CD2C7BC3-ADA9-3BB1-8D42-1831A446E9BA" .. But it is always empty. I can delete it again, but it pops up again efter some time.

Does anyone know how I can permanently get rid of this crap? It is slightly annoying.. :/

2. Thrash911 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Well, now I have solved the problem. When I have a problem, I try to find a solution, by searching on Google, before asking on a forum. Quite often, someone has replied to their own post, saying that they now solved the problem. But few think to say HOW or WHAT they did to resolve the problem, so that others that find that post in the future can benefit from it.

This is how I solved this particular problem:

1. First, do so you can see hidden files and folders. Google it, or use the application OnyX to do this.
    2. Open the Time Machine drive you used to have the SD! backup on. You should see quite a few files and folders.
    3. Delete everything EXCEPT these (seperated by commas): .0016cb9f3f8d (or similar?), .com.apple.timemachine.supported, .DS_Store, .fseventsd, .Spotlight-V100, .Trashes, .VolumeIcon.icns (if you have a custon drive icon), Backups.backupdb (the TM backups - not hidden)
    4. Then, disable the ability to see hidden files and folders. All done.
    Remember.. The files listed, are the files to be LEFT INTACT - not deleted! Hope this helps someone sometime. :)