After using HandyLight can't connect to home WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andant57, Jul 21, 2010.

1. andant57 macrumors newbie

After installing the HandyLight application yesterday, and successfully being able to tether my MacBook Pro to my iPhone4 (just to test whether it works), I decided to go back to using my home WiFi connection, but I can't seem to connect nether from my iPhone nor from my computer.

I have WEP protection on my router, and my iPhone simply tells me that the password entered is incorrect, while the MacBook Pro times out when trying to connect to WiFi. I disabled SOCKS Proxy in the Airport advanced settings, of course. Also, what is interesting, is that I can connect to other WiFi routers.

Any advices on what I can do? Thank you very much! in advance!

2. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Reboot your router.

4. andant57 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot, that really helped! I was hesitant rebooting it since it's my landlord's router, and I was sure it's password protected (as is the network)... Turned out the password was one of the default passwords! So now it all works fine!
    Thanks again!

5. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

Also, all that proxy info that the Youtube video shows you needs to be erased and set back to normal or you won't be able to sign onto your wifi connection.

Glad you solved your problemo.