after ziphone 2.4 how do i set up internet settings for my provider

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jaisai01, Feb 25, 2008.

1. jaisai01 macrumors member

i am with centennial wireless in indiana, and i am trying to get the internet to work on the iphone. everything else is working fine. let me know thanks
    arul

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Centennial in Indiana? Where do you live? The EDGE icon will appear. That's it. It should work straight... unless your SIM has had its access to data blocked. In which case, you need to take it to a Centennial place and get one that doesn't have the block or have yours rewritten (I have no idea if that's possible)

I'm thinking about Centennial. That, or wait two years for Verizon to finish going GSM.

I unlocked mine the exact same way. As president of NHS, I had the authority to take a lesser member's SIM and pop it into my iPhone to make sure it had worked. It did. The EDGE logo appeared, and "Centen..." was in the carrier bar. You might be in a place without EDGE service.

3. jaisai01 thread starter macrumors member

ya the edge icon shows up. i called to have data added to the phone.. so maybei just have to wait for that. centennial has done good for me so far.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Unlimited data? You'll pay out the ear otherwise.

Have fun with Centennial! Do you have a history with them? Are they reliable? I've been on Verizon, thus the desire to stay.

5. jaisai01 thread starter macrumors member

i switched from verizon to centennial, bc i have numerous friends that work for the compnay.. and they told me they are good. and so far i have traveled most of the eastern US on business and over to vegas and san deigo and the reception and call quality are amazing.

6. crowl1jt macrumors newbie

So can an Iphone be used with centennial? If so, how much extra do they charge you per month? I have cnetennial now, and know nothing about iphones, but i want one, can you guys give me some tips/info ... thanks