Aftermarket 5s Home Buttons Touch ID Compatible

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by daudi81, Feb 5, 2014.

1. daudi81 macrumors regular

Anyone know of any aftermarket home that are compatible with the fingerprint sensor? I've got the bodyguardz pure protector on it and the thickness makes the home button a bit too recessed. I would get a thinner glass from another manufacturer, but I like the Pure the best out of all that I've tried and don't want to lose touch ID.

2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

I don't know of any and my guess is that there aren't any. I've got the lifeproof case for the 5S and it just has an incredibly thin membrane over the home button so the touch ID works with it. I think the other waterproof cases that work with the 5S have similar membranes to cover the home button. The thin membrane seems reasonably fragile to me and my guess would be that if they could put something thicker and stronger over the button that they would.

3. tangokim macrumors member

I'm currently using the chinese 2.5d tempered glass on all 5 of my 5s. i recommend this because the edge is curve in for all of the edges and this made the touchID not to recessed in. i have try many but so far the curve edge or something similar will work best for our touchID. good luck. bwt the 2.5d from the chinese website only cost 5$. good luck

4. Partridge macrumors 6502

Nope. Not physically possible. Get a thinner screen protector, the pure is ridiculously thick by todays standards.