Aftermarket leather band options?

spinedoc77

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Leather bands were out at my Apple store so I didn't pick up a titanium AW5, but it got me thinking that leather band at $100 seems very expensive. Are there any aftermarket leather bands that look and function identically out there? I'm sure I could do a search but I'd rather have recommendations if you've used them. This is the leather band that is segmented and attaches with magnets.

Last edited:

meeebee

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2016
I bought 3 leather bands over the last few months from ebay. The first two vendors are listing any longer and the last one I got was this.

Except for the first one, the last two seem pretty solid and I would buy again. The first one was good looking but after about 2-3 months, the ribbing inside the leather began to break through. I painted the tearing parts with flat black paint so it's not very noticeable. The second one I bought (a different color) has not shown that wearing after about 4 months.

Note that there seems to be two different stylings of the leather band. One is just 2 straps that fit over each other (like the one in the listing above). The other has a loop end that closes on each other (I think that's how Apple's band does too). I like the loop one better for adjusting the strap, although the overlap kind may hold up better since one part of the strap doesn't have to bend backwards.

All in all, at $17-$22 for each, I'm very happy with my purchases.