Aftermarket speakers for Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 99MustangGTman, Nov 21, 2009.

1. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

The speakers are just plain crap on my Macbook aluminum. Is there any alternative aftermarket speakers anyone knows of?

Btw: I mean internal speakers, not external.

2. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

i don't know the answer to your question but why not external? and then if you're on the go, some IEMs or other headphones? might be cheaper and higher quality

3. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

When I need to travel I want to travel light and not have to worry about remembering to take my speakers with me.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Grab a nice set of earbud headphones then. There are plenty of good choices out there, just make sure you find a set that seals nicely in your ear canal. Laptop speakers in general, especially in <15" models sound pretty bad, it's just a space constrain issue.

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

So the speakers are crap in all the 15" new MBPs? Because people were saying how good they were:(

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I have a feeling that this is going to void your warranty. What is it that you are trying to do with your speakers? (Loud vs. Quality)

Mods, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to report this.

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Given that they're laptop speakers they're pretty good...but in the grand scheme of speaker quality, they're still laptop speakers ;)

IMO, the 13" uMB(P) has some pretty good speakers given the computer's size, but like I said, still laptop speakers...

8. fluffyx macrumors 6502

The speakers in your computer are custom-shaped, and ridiculously small.

I don't think you'll find replacement non-Apple speakers for your machine, and in all truth, they do a pretty good job given their size. They're about 2x to 3x times the size of earbuds.

If better quality sound is important to you, test-drive the 15" MacBook Pros, or look in to ultra-portable USB speakers.