Aftermarket speakers for Macbook?

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
i don't know the answer to your question but why not external? and then if you're on the go, some IEMs or other headphones? might be cheaper and higher quality

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
When I need to travel I want to travel light and not have to worry about remembering to take my speakers with me.
Grab a nice set of earbud headphones then. There are plenty of good choices out there, just make sure you find a set that seals nicely in your ear canal. Laptop speakers in general, especially in <15" models sound pretty bad, it's just a space constrain issue.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I have a feeling that this is going to void your warranty. What is it that you are trying to do with your speakers? (Loud vs. Quality)

Mods, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to report this.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
So the speakers are crap in all the 15" new MBPs? Because people were saying how good they were:(
Given that they're laptop speakers they're pretty good...but in the grand scheme of speaker quality, they're still laptop speakers ;)

IMO, the 13" uMB(P) has some pretty good speakers given the computer's size, but like I said, still laptop speakers...

fluffyx

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
The speakers in your computer are custom-shaped, and ridiculously small.

I don't think you'll find replacement non-Apple speakers for your machine, and in all truth, they do a pretty good job given their size. They're about 2x to 3x times the size of earbuds.

If better quality sound is important to you, test-drive the 15" MacBook Pros, or look in to ultra-portable USB speakers.