Afternoon out with work

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Spacer, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Spacer macrumors member

Had a trip out with work this afternoon, and I've included some pics that I've taken. I've tried a couple of different styles on the pics, and I'll be interested to see which one you think works, and why. I know selective colouring isn't for everyone, but its probably my favourite at the moment. Thanks for looking :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Keleko macrumors 68000

So are you the official rescue photographer? :)

I particularly like the view of the boat from above in B&W.

3. Spacer thread starter macrumors member

Keleko: Nope. I'd like to think my pics would be somewhat better if I was pro! Nope, I'm a pilot, who is an amateur photographer in my spare time! I had an afternoon off, so thought I'd ride in the business end and photograph the bit that I'm normally blind to :)

4. SB123 macrumors member

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

6. Peteman100 macrumors 6502

7. Ravaroo macrumors 6502

Ravaroo

cool stuff

#2 is a great photo. I think the selective color works for that image very well

Consider giving the rotors in #4 a little more room to "breathe" on the left side of the frame. I look at that pic and keep seeing a fly buzzing around between 2 window panes :)

8. Spacer thread starter macrumors member

Thaks everyone.

Ravaroo: yep, I know what you mean. Luckily it's just a crop of a much bigger pic, so I can have another go!

9. TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

Great shots, really like number 1, number 3 has great potential, just a bit to much space in the middle of the frame for me, I'd be tempted to try and recompose it to take the space away....maybe a bit like this...

[​IMG]

Apologies for the rough cut and paste (only spent a couple of mins on it and was working from a quick screen grab)

Hope you dont mind me recomposing your pic, if you dont want it up let me know and i'll take it down :).

thanks

10. Spacer thread starter macrumors member

Thedrift: More than happy for you to have a go :) I have a whole series of the pics, and have a natural one like yours. I just need the time to edit them all. But I know what you mean about the space in the middle. Thanks for commenting.