AG Display resolution switch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pikkuroope, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Pikkuroope macrumors member

So, is it not possible to change the resolution of the anti-glare screen to a smaller one? Or why do people complain about the high resolution all the time... "I want the anti-glare design but I can't read text that small..." :confused:

2. Pikkuroope thread starter macrumors member

Maybe someone with the ag screen could actually change the resolution and post a screen shot or something? Or a pic taken with a camera.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Using non-native resolution looks awful as the screen is not designed to run that. It's like buying a Ferrari and then installing a limiter which tops out at 60km/h. I'm pretty sure you can change it but I would never do that. You can use zoom or make text bigger in e.g. Safari

4. canderton macrumors member

honestly, if you can't read text that small, I'd say the first thing you need is a new pair of glasses. My eyesight isn't that great but I can read the text on my HR glossy just fine. And as others have mentioned, you can zoom in many applications. And it is possible to adjust the resolution, but as mentioned earlier, it will look like crap because the HR screen was designed to run at 1680x1050, nothing less.

5. patrickf666 macrumors newbie

the fonts are fine...i love the antiglare screen resolution!

6. Pikkuroope thread starter macrumors member

I think also that if you can't read that small you really need new glasses, but I was just wondering.. I'm getting that ag screen of course, love it :D But yeap, it makes sense, thanks.