AG screen on next update....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sugarray3000, Aug 17, 2010.

1. sugarray3000 macrumors member

Hey guys. Do you think we will see a black border on the next MBP with AG-screen??
    Do you think its a good time to buy MBP 15" now?

2. ccashman92 macrumors regular

We won't ever see the black border on the MBP AG Screen. I love the Silver border so I'm not sadden by this.

Right now is a great time to buy unless you wanna wait a couple months (4-6).

3. Kirgan macrumors newbie

I doubt you will see the black border for AG in the next update or two. MAYBE in the future sometime though.

But why dont you just get the glossy, and then get an anti glare film? :p That way you have the black border, anti glare, AND the option to remove the film if you want to go back to glossy anytime. :)

I dont know. I personally like the idea of Glossy + AG Film.

4. Yimbie macrumors member

An anti-glare film is definitely not the same as an anti-glare screen. Not the same at all.

5. sugarray3000 thread starter macrumors member

You DONT recommend that solution i guess

6. Yimbie macrumors member

Nope. It doesn't have the same look. I'd recommend just getting the MBP right now... do it NOW NOW! GO! HURRY BEFORE THEY'RE GONE! SAVE THE CHILDREN! :p

The silver border actually doesn't look bad at all. It gives it a bit of a unique look since the vast majority of people don't have the AG screen and it matches with the aluminum.

7. ccashman92 macrumors regular

Glossy + Anti-glare film fades the colors and stuff. The anti-glare LCD is actually built for it.

8. Kirgan macrumors newbie

Wasnt by any means saying Glossy + Film was the exact same as an AG screen, I was just giving a suggestion. :eek:

9. ccashman92 macrumors regular

We understand, but it nothing you wanna suggest. Trust me. hahaha

10. sugarray3000 thread starter macrumors member

Have some of you AG owners got any scratches on your screen??????

11. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Honestly. I do
    Therefore I sold my 17" and get the 13". Not just that. I don't need the big screen and I want more battery life

12. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Honestly. I do
    Therefore I sold my 17" (AG) and get the 13". Not just that. I don't need the big screen and I want more battery life.

13. kolax macrumors G3

I've had a fair share of MBP's, most matte, and never had a proper scratch on the screen. Glass is far more likely to scratch than the matte screen.

14. dubels macrumors 6502

anti-glare films unless made to very high standards tend to distort the image of the screen. Why buy a high resolution screen just to put a film on top of it that degrades the image quality? The film is going to be around $20, so unless you really want a black border you might as well pay for the anti-glare.

In regards to scratches, as long as you do not poke at your screen you shouldn't be getting an scratches. Proper screen cleaning techniques that apply to both matte and glass covered screens will protect the screen from scratches during cleaning. Get a microfiber and an anti-static screen cleaner and you are set.