AG vertical viewing angles

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Daelos, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Daelos macrumors member

About to order myself a new MBP for Uni, studying graphic design so colour is important. What are some opinons of the whole glossy/anti-glare debate (i know it's in other threads, but just wanted a quick surveying of opinions).

I've used both, would go for the AG but the viewing angles seem worse than the glossy screens, meaning that the more accurate colour is more easily compromised by viewing position. Any thoughts before i make the plunge? (alot of money and dont want to regret getting the AG or the glossy)

thanks!

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

The vertical viewing angles on my 9CBB 15" AG MacBook Pro are indeed pretty bad, and I do remember them being somewhat better with my old (late 2008 15") MacBook Pro with a glassy screen. As long as you adjust the screen so that it is perpendicular to your eyes you'll be fine. The benefit of reduced glare outweighs any loss in viewing angles.

3. Daelos thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. went for the AG.

Was sat in our studio looking at my 2007 mbp matte screen, swapped with mates penryn glossy mbp, colours are vibrant and all, my work looked 'nicer' but couldnt stop seeing myself in the black areas. he says its not a problem, but i think it'd drive me ********** nuts after a while. i mostly design for print anyway so the screen is only the middleman for me.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Make sure you use a colorimeter or a spectrophotometer to calibrate your screen if you're truly serious about color accuracy. I'm not an expert in that area so I'll let someone else comment on that if he so chooses.