AG2 Anti-Glare Screen Protectors Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ET iPhone Home, Dec 12, 2011.

1. ET iPhone Home, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

So I purchased these AG2 Anti-Glare Screen Protectors By Green Onion Supply for $11.99 at Frys. First of all, on the package, is a Gold Sticker that says "Bonus". which was suppose to include a 3rd Black in color Screen Protector for the rear plate. Well, it was never included in the case. It only had the 2 front protectors for the front plate. Otherwise, I would have purchased one that had a front and back combo.

Anyway, I watched the installation posted on YouTube prior to proceeding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYPs592aTlI

All I can say was the initial process was easy, but it was certainly difficult getting rid of these bubbles on both top side corners. Initially the bubbles were on both bottom corners, but I readjusted sliding the protector up and down to no avail. No matter what I did, those bubbles remained on either side. Also there are bubbles that formed around the front camera cutout. Not sure if these would be considered bubbles since all are directly on the edges of the protector and not within.

I guess I'm glad I got it on there to just protect the screen. Once I slipped the bottom part of my Mohie Case, the bottom case kept pushing on the protector to prevent it from sticking, so I had to keep readjusting the protector upward.

In the youtube video, you can clearly see the guy apply the protector correctly, but if you look carefully, there are side bubbles which he ignores. I figured this is normal since this is my first experience applying skin protectors. He does say, He gets it on correctly the first try. Are these side bubbles normal on your protectors?

2. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

That's actually quite typical of cheaper screen protectors. Just the way it is.

PowerSupport and SGP protectors rarely if ever show this flaw ;)

3. ET iPhone Home, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

This was my first purchase. I'm gonna see if I can return or exchange them. This time I'll ask to open the contents in front of them at the counter so that they don't think I took the back film.

EDIT:

OK, so i took the time this evening to readjust this protector. I may have spent an additional 1hr. 15mins. to the 1hr. 30mind. it took me last night to get rid of these bubbles and get it perfect. I can say, that I managed well this time around. No bubbles whatsoever. The dimensions of these protectors are so exact to the iPhone that you are required to get directly on the spot. I had no idea it took this long. I realize, for this to apply effortlessly, AG2 would have to scale the protector down a smidgen. It's when the protector goes over the margins of the front plate is what creates the edge and corner bubbles.

Next time, I'm gonna spend the extra cash and get some other brand with great reviews. This AG2 was just too time consuming for me.

Also A2 is going to send me a back protector since I didn't get one in my package. Great Customer Service if I do say so myself.