Again Macbook pro retina 13" but now: take third model or upgrade to I7?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Maccotto, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Maccotto macrumors regular

Apple refuned me all money for old macbook pro retina middle model.
    Now i decided to take a macbook model more powerful than old because i need a notebook (the sd slot and lightroom are necessary in this days) and middle level gaves me some slow moments.
    Now what is better choice: take third model (2.9ghz i5+512gb ) or spend same for middle with i7?
    At same prices i found refurbished 15" may 2015 but i thought wheigt can make me some problems.

What do you think?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

I think if the middle version isn't what you need then none of them are what you need, the i7 gives a very very small performance increase over the i5 and all the 13 inch rMBP's are dual core only.

Tell us what you use you computer for and then you will get good advice otherwise whatever anyone is telling you is a guess, hard drive size and a slightly better CPU will probably not help though.

3. Maccotto thread starter macrumors regular

I need for photoshop e blizzard games.
    i tried in 14 days both application.
    Lightroom was little slow when exported photo from raw original to jpeg.
    StarcraftII, diablo 3, heroes of the storm was fine at 1440x resolution medium details.

Now if i can buy more fast macbook pro ok, if i can't go better than middle 13" i try to survive until new macbook retina.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

If you want fast photoshop exports you'll need the 15 inch for the quad core processor and better graphics that'll help with the games as well.

5. Maccotto thread starter macrumors regular

How many hours is long the 15" battery?
    The 13 has given me 6-7h

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Well about a hour or so less than the 13 usually but it all depends on what you use it for.