Age of Conan

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Robg54, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Robg54 macrumors member

I am considering playing Age of Conan. I was wondering if anyone has played it on a macbook pro.

Here are the requirements.

Minimum configuration:
    (1024x768, detail reduced)
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz or equivalent
    RAM: 1GB
    Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better
    Video memory: 128MB
    DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
    HARD DRIVE SPACE: 30GB

Recommended configuration:
    (Up to 1280X960, most features on)
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or equivalent
    RAM: 2048MB Dual Channel DDR2
    Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or equivalent
    Video memory: 512MB
    DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
    HARD DRIVE SPACE: 30GB

I have a 2.2 MBP with 4 gigs of ram. Does anyone think that this game will run passably well.

And lastly, I haven't yet set up boot camp. Should I set it up as vista or XP? Age of Conan used DX10, but doesn't require it.

Thanks for any feedback!

2. TSE macrumors 68030

My friend runs it on a custom Windows Desktop with Core 2 Duo 1.66 GHZ, 1.5 GB RAM, 80 GB 7200 RPM HD, nVidia 8600 GT, and Windows Vista Home Premium.

His real bottleneck is the slow processor, but with medium settings he gets about 25 - 35 FPS, never drops below 20.

I think the MacBook should get better performance considering it has a better processor even if that one is a desktop and has more ram.

3. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

You should be able to play it no problems although dont expect too much eyecandy, but with the MBPs res, shouldnt be so much of a problem I think although AOC is apprently much more graphically intense then say WOW, lets see, its almost released and I have preorded the Gold edition, cant wait!!

4. rdmty macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about getting AoC.. I have a pretty beastly PC running Vista, but I'm going to be away for a few weeks right around the launch time of AoC so I'm hoping to be able to play it on my MBP!

I wanted to try to see if this would run under parallels, but the beta client is around 30gb, which is pretty ridiculous. I'm hoping to have time later on when open beta hits to try it out on parallels, and then bootcamp. I'm pretty confident it'll work under bootcamp though.

5. The Informer macrumors newbie

Age of Conan on 2010 MacBook Pro

Hi all,

This is my first post, so I'm sorry if I break any forum etiquette here :p

I'm on the verge of buying a 2010 MacBook Pro, with the 2.66gHz Core i7 processor, 4GB of RAM and the NVIDIA GeForce 330M GT graphics processor. However, before I finish the purchase, I need to know if Age of Conan will run on it through BootCamp on medium to high settings? I consider acceptable frame rate to be ~30fps.

I really like the whole OSX idea, but if I can't play Conan on the MacBook Pro..... Well, sadly, I'll be getting a windows PC.

Thanks in advance.

6. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

7. The Informer macrumors newbie

Your specs are telling me that you have the exact same MacBook Pro as I really would like to be purchasing right now :D

I've not played Age of Conan before, but I've watched friends playing it, and I really like the concept. Was wondering if you've tried it?

8. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Should run fine under BootCamp but I've only ever played it on a proper PC. bad game though, showed so much promise but in the end failed to deliver.

9. The Informer macrumors newbie

Do you BootCamp on yours?
    If so, could you do me a giant favour please? :)

10. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Haven't had an AoC subscription in a while. It should run no problems, anyways the games only like $10.

11. The Informer macrumors newbie

I know it's only $10, but if I can't run it, I won't bother spending the $300 on Windows 7 either. Was wondering if you could go to this link while running Windows and perform the Age of Conan tests?

www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

Thanks if you do :p

12. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

I've been playing AoC on my 2010 MBP (bootcamp - win7) for roughly a month now and it runs great. I can run the game at medium-high settings and i don't have any issues.

13. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

14. eccemorte macrumors newbie

MacBook Pro Mid 2014

I'm playing Age of Conan on maximum settings and getting about 20 fps average in huge outdoor areas. More than double that in dungeons. It is beautiful!

I have the top tier 15" MacBook that has the Nvidia GeForce 750 video card. I reduced the resolution from the native 2880 down to 1960 (I think) because all the HUD buttons were so so tiny at 2880.

Loving it! :D

15. iKrivetko macrumors 6502a

Bloody hell, how do you guys even find threads that are six years old?

16. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride