Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Packbacker92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
I just bought a brand new macbook pro 2.4GHz and installed windows vista. The machine is very speedy on everything except Age of Empires 3. Even at low settings whenever i scroll using the mouse the screen is very choppy. Is the GPU in the macbook pro not powerful enough to handle AOE3 at good frame rates or is there something else wrong? Please give me any advice you have.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I just bought a brand new macbook pro 2.4GHz and installed windows vista. The machine is very speedy on everything except Age of Empires 3. Even at low settings whenever i scroll using the mouse the screen is very choppy. Is the GPU in the macbook pro not powerful enough to handle AOE3 at good frame rates or is there something else wrong? Please give me any advice you have.

Definitely something else wrong. I too have a brand new MacBook Pro and have played Age of Empires III on it (under Vista 64). It ran pretty good on medium-ish settings if I remember.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Your machines should handle that fine. Check to see if there are any AOE 3 updates, and/or update your bootcamp drivers. (I noticed a speed improvement when new radeon drivers were included.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.