Age of Empires 3 - huge fonts

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Redtowerjr, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Redtowerjr macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2008
    Hey, I'm having a problem with age of empires 3. It' s connected to my samsung 32" by hdmi, all works, latest update, but the game shows enormous fonts in the menus. Can' t read it. How can I change this?
  2. Beric macrumors 68020

Jan 22, 2008
    Bay Area
    Could you post a screenshot?
    What resolution are you running the game in?
    What computer are you running it on? Could you try a different display to see if the problem happens without the HDTV plugged in?

I run AoE3 on a 24" 1920x1200 external via DVI on my Macbook (with a pitiful GMA 950, coincidentally). No problems.
  3. mhuberts macrumors newbie

Feb 10, 2010
    i'm having the same problem. I tried different screen resolutions but no change. I have my mac mini connected trough an mini-display to hdmi adapter. I searched on many forums and on google but this is the only topic that seems to have the same problem description.

Could anyone help me, i would love to play AOE3 on my TV but i can't right now.

Edit: BTW i try to play the game on my 32" Samsung HD ready tv
  4. rhcamilex macrumors newbie

Apr 16, 2010
    Solution for this issue

For solve this issue on AOE III for Mac OS, just download and install the update package from:

For more details about this update visit:

I had the same problem, and this update solve it.

Sorry for my poor english.
  5. dantak macrumors newbie

Jan 30, 2007
    I was having this same problem with my mini connected to my LCD TV. I was so stoked when i finally found this post but the update didn't do anything for me. Anyone have any other ideas?
    here is a screenshot
  6. MrDan27611 macrumors newbie

May 19, 2010
    I'm having exactly the same issue. Samsung 50", mini DVI to DVI, DVI to HDMI from a Mac mini. My conclusion at this point is my Mac was perfect until I installed a Microsoft game. /sigh