Age of Empires II, Macbook Pro, Bootcamp, Windows 7 question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chaswren, Mar 12, 2011.

1. chaswren macrumors newbie

My son has a Macbook Pro that we bought him last year. I just installed Bootcamp and Windows 7 so he could play some of the PC games he already has. We installed Windows 7, and everything looks great, it dual boots and everything perfectly. When he runs Age of Empires II, Conquerors Edition, it comes up in what looks like an 8-bit color depth. We've changed the settings in the game to high, but it still looks like garbage. Has anyone had any luck getting this game to work in this setting? I've tried running it in XP compatibility mode, but it still looks like a 1980's game.

2. Andreas123 macrumors newbie

Hmm have you tried patching to the latest patch?

3. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Age of Empires II is on mac also. I'm getting Age of Empires III later this week, great games. But to my point, it's best to get it on mac, messing with bootcamp is a real pain.. (for me it was)

4. akicebear macrumors newbie

Given the significant performance gains for many games under bootcamp over MacOS I'd say this isn't the best advice...

5. superfula macrumors 6502

True, but this is only Age3 we're talking about. I run it under Parallels without any noticeable lag. Course this is on a new Macbook Pro.

As easy as Bootcamp is to get set up and going, if you don't care about booting into Windows just to game, it really doesn't matter which version.