Age of Empires III on 2.0 CD MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by davidg4781, Jun 22, 2011.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I'm looking for some games to play on my aging MacBook that are Universal or Intel only.... so I can transfer when Lion comes around.

I downloaded the demo for AoE3 but when I went to play it, the buttons didn't have any words on them. Is this normal play or just something weird with the demo/installation. I tried reinstalling and had the same thing.

It's a bit expensive and I don't want to drop that kind of money on it if I'm going to have to guess at menu buttons.

2. Ekhiel macrumors newbie

Hi,

I had the same problem with the full version of Aoe3.

All went fine after I downloaded and installed the patch to upgrade the game to last version.

Works like a charm now.

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Were you on a CD MacBook?

The game ran fine when I was playing it, the little I played, It was going through the tutorial and asked me to open a menu or something. I clicked a few things, got fed up, and quit.

I know the graphics aren't that great on this and want to make sure it'll play ok.

4. Ekhiel macrumors newbie

no, didn't try it on a macbook.
    But I'm sure I had only buttons without any words on it before patching the game.
    Try to see if there is also a patch for the demo maybe...

5. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

6. CarlosG macrumors member

I'm not sure I fully understood the bit about transferring when Lion comes out, but, did you know that Lion won't work with the CoreDuo. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

link

7. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah, sorry, I didn't think it to be relevant to type out. I'm planning to maybe update my MacBook (MacBook unibody, 2.4 Ghz sounds nice) and I'm HOPING I can transfer over my saved game stuff to the new MacBook.

After I submitted the other one, I thought it might confuse some people but didn't think to go back and clarify. Thanks!