Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrs1035

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
I just had my faulty unibody macbook pro replaced with a new one. Upon booting up the machine I noticed the time was incorrect so I reset the PRAM and it was fixed. After opening Coconut Battery and coconutIdentityCard I noticed the age of my mac is way off. It says my machine was built between 1.18.1999 and 1.24.1999 and the age is 122 months. Any ideas what the problem might be and how to solve it? Thanks!

jrs1035

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Usually you can tell from the number of stickers (seals) on the Box and the model/serial number on the box. Perhaps you can goto apple support and check the details, too?

I entered my serial number and the following info. is displayed.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008)
Serial #: W8XXXXXXXXX
United States
Limited Warranty

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
I entered my serial number and the following info. is displayed.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008)
Serial #: W8XXXXXXXXX
United States
Limited Warranty

Read the text in the middle, it'll tell you when your warranty will end. That's more important, no?

jrs1035

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Read the text in the middle, it'll tell you when your warranty will end. That's more important, no?

Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on January 30, 2010.

Your product is eligible for complimentary phone support which is estimated to expire on May 01, 2009.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Does it coincide your purchase date? If so, there's nothing more to worry about, Apple will have you covered.

Talking about weird things, you should see what my machine says.. I'm still baffled myself!!

Bobacus

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2009
My Brand New Unibody MBP says the same thing for the manufacture date, I would bet it is more of a problem with the coconut program since mine was a BTO from the apple website, that I ordered less than a month ago.

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
I just had my faulty unibody macbook pro replaced with a new one. Upon booting up the machine I noticed the time was incorrect so I reset the PRAM and it was fixed. After opening Coconut Battery and coconutIdentityCard I noticed the age of my mac is way off. It says my machine was built between 1.18.1999 and 1.24.1999 and the age is 122 months. Any ideas what the problem might be and how to solve it? Thanks!

i picked up a brand new MacBook Pro yesterday and it is saying the same exact thing. Calibrating the battery now. will see if it states the same after calibration and a reboot. very odd. C battery works just fine on the wife's MacBook so not sure why it states my mac was born in 1999...

iToaster

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
Just something to note here... to get the correct date, update the Coconut Battery/ID Card to the latest version. It worked for my Unibody MacBook.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 39

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
How about this? Mine can't compute or calculate...
How can the Current capacity be more than the original? :confused:

Attachments

• Can't calculate.png
    Can't calculate.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 56

jrs1035

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
i picked up a brand new MacBook Pro yesterday and it is saying the same exact thing. Calibrating the battery now. will see if it states the same after calibration and a reboot. very odd. C battery works just fine on the wife's MacBook so not sure why it states my mac was born in 1999...

I calibrated my battery and got the same results. Let me know how it works out for you.

jrs1035

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
How about this? Mine can't compute or calculate...
How can the Current capacity be more than the original? :confused:

Mine is saying the original capacity was 4600 mah and the current capacity is 4623. It increased after battery calibration.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
The value for Original Capacity is just the rated average for the battery. My current battery is rated at 6300 mAh original and it was up over 6500 mAh when it was new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.