Agent 13 Clear Case (With PICS!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atlken77, Jul 28, 2008.

1. atlken77 macrumors member

I just got the Agent 18 w/ the Clear Case from the Apple Store @ the Lenox Mall in Atlanta.

Its not too bad, doesnt add a lot of bulk to the iPhone. It does take some of the smooth, warm feeling the back of the iPhone has (i'd say buttery, but then some will either hit me with a Paula Deen joke, or say wipe the back)...

I am not clumsy, but I have noticed that with regular use, the back gets a little slippery from finger/palm schmutz. I wanted something that would offer a little protection, but not hide the fact that its an iPhone, and that its white...

all in all :apple::apple::apple: out of five. its not as pretty or sleek as I'd like it, but it was the best of my current options

Link to all the pictures (oh yeah -- and my mobileMe -- it works fabulously :)

[​IMG]

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Nice. That looks like a case 4 me... I'm looking for something to show off the fact I have a White iPhone 3G. Nice...

3. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

A few questions:

• Does it add much bulk to the phone?
    • Does your phone fit snugly in it? No movement?
    • What are you using to cover your screen?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Any scratches on the back or on the bezel yet?

5. atlken77 thread starter macrumors member

The bulk added is fractional - its not noticably heavier.

The fit is pretty good -- I wouldnt say PERFECT, but there is no wiggle, and it feels like a secure closure.

I don't have anything protecting the screen -- simply because I don;t have the space to put it on. My house is a dust factory (I live on the 23 rd floor, with exposed poured concrete pillars, and three high rises under construction around me) Everytime I try to get a screen cover on, it traps dust underneath it...

6. atlken77 thread starter macrumors member

I just got the case today - but I'd rather it get scratched up than my iPhone. I will say I have had my iPhone now for 15 days, and only scratches I have are the tiny tiny dust scratches on the apple logo. But that was to be expected.

7. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Good point. I had a hard plastic case for my iPod Video and it obviously grind the mirrored finish to hell when pieces of dust and such got stuck under the case and that was with minimal to none movement. It's a tough case decision.

8. atlken77 thread starter macrumors member

I'm kinda Anal about stuff like that -- I will pluck off the case every day or other day and dust it all off...

9. gts197 macrumors regular

IMHO this is one of the better cases available for the 3g to date. There isn't much bulk added to the phone but like any case its going to add some. The reason I like this case is because I feel like if i drop it, it is going to protect the phone. Before buying this case I tried using a lot of the other cases in the apple store by opening them and trying them out right there. No other case felt like it would save the phone from a normal everyday drop. Overall it is a snug fit, but there sometimes is a little movement depending on how your holding and applying pressure but its really not that big of a deal. I use the anti glare film to cover my screen.

I have noticed no scratches from this Agent 18 case.

10. atlken77 thread starter macrumors member

I also like how the sides are a little grippy

It does take a little away from the overall asthetic for me -- but again, better have a good grip than drop it!

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, I've got minute scratches on the bezel, but no scratches on the back. I'm using the Belkin Acrylic Clear Case and I'm liking the fact that there's a couple of silicon or rubber strips that keep my 3G iPhone from coming in contact with the acrylic case and I'm in love with the clip/stand for clipping to my briefcase or just propping it up on the tables on the airplane. I'm waiting for my BSE to be "for sure-for sure" and the added protection is nice. :cool:

12. pundapun macrumors newbie

Here are pictures of mine and my wife's 3Gs. There a little rubber pads in the inside on the back cover to prevent scratching. We use these with the PowerSupport Crystal Clear Film.

The case provides easy access to all the case buttons and headphone jack. The best part are the groves on the side to give extra feel and grip.

I give 5/5 stars

Attached Files:

13. Sphere777 macrumors newbie

I'm using the same case. It's a snug fit, but dust and hair (I've got cats) WILL get into it, so I pop it off to clean each night. Just a quick dusting with the lint cloth is all that's needed, so the case does its job in keeping most of the crap out.

I was actually going to go sans case, but I always drop my phones so I figured that I should spare myself the agony of a cracked screen. It takes away from the sleekness of the phone, but what can you do. I can't stand the grippiness of the silicone cases.

Btw I use the anti-glare screen cover from Power Support and I highly recommend it. It gives the screen a smooth matte finish, and so far it still feels brand new after a week of constant use. It kinda feels like an LCD screen, which makes it easier to touch/flick than glass IMO.

14. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Clear Case

I have this same case. The only issue I have is getting dirt/dust under the front of the case. I have to take it off and clean it at least once a day. Oh well it's better than developing the cracks that everyone who carries it nude is developing.:apple:

15. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Love this thread, my black agent18's coming any day now, so glad I got it.:D

16. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Damn these Agent cases are ugly! :eek:

17. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Obviously 2 different tastes.:p

18. sibruk macrumors 6502a

+1 ;) Plus they don't protect the most important part of the device - the screen. Plus you can't put it into a dock...

I'm beginning to think my perfect case just doesn't exist/isn't physically possible. :(

19. slicecom macrumors 68020

Maybe, like me, Apple already made your perfect case: the beautiful glossy glass and plastic surrounding the insides of your iPhone. ;)

20. sibruk macrumors 6502a

Yes, I think that's probably going to be the one for me! I'll take one of those with the indestructible screen option, please.

21. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

22. atlken77 thread starter macrumors member

Apple store, Agent18.com, google search it

I got mine @ the apple store.

23. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

I have the same case. It has its gripes/issues however it's my favorite case so far and I'll probably end up sticking with it.

I've had Agent 18 cases before, their quality is OK, but they have some nice clear designs that i've always liked.

The one thing I hate about it, is the kind of plastic they use. It scratches way too easy, it protects the phone for sure, but it looks so beat up. I had the same issue with an Agent 18 case for my Nano.

In the end though, I like it because its the only case that lets me dock without having to remove it, looks generally unobtrusive, and protects it pretty well. O, and I hate how when it drops, it doesn't keep together.

24. gts197 macrumors regular

I have not dropped mine yet, but even though the case comes apart does it protect the phone at all? How many times have you dropped it? Does this happen every time? It seems like it would take a good amount of the fall.