Agent 18 case: an excellent incase replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by question fear, Sep 16, 2007.

1. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I know a lot of people liked the minimalism of the now infamous Incase Rubber Sleeve...I bought an Agent 18 case this weekend at the Apple Store and I have to say, it's an excellent alternative. It covers basically the same amount (just over the chrome) with about the same bulk, but since it is plastic it won't stretch. And unlike some of the other plastic hard cases it is put on top/bottom, not front/back, which from my unscientific testing of the case without my iphone in it means it will be far less likely to pop open in the event of a drop.

[​IMG]

2. danny_w macrumors 601

I just bought one of these today, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I had to replace my iPhone which I only got last Friday due to the "No SIM Installed" error.

UPDATE: I got it installed now and I love it! It gives a very solid, easy-to-grip feel to the iPhone without adding a lot of bulk (just what I was looking for).

3. netronin macrumors member

I'd have to agree as well.... just picked this case up and out of the 3 I actually bought, this one is the best. The fit/finish on it it is superb, the locking mechanism is solid and it protects everything on the phone it should without being overbearing.

Here's hoping they come out with a holster for this unit (it seems they will be since it has slots for one on the case).

4. tozfeekum macrumors member

i bought one of these cases to, took it off to see if it made any scratches... it made a couple; but i think its better keeping it on. We'll see if it gets worse.

5. Adobo macrumors member

Hard plastic?

How hard is the plastic? I almost picked it up yesterday but was worried it'd have the same scratching problems that the clear plastic ones have.

6. tozfeekum macrumors member

the plastic is just as hard as the clear cases; but i think the fit is better so there wont be much rubbing.

7. calvy macrumors 65816

I'm going to check my other apple store for the black version of this case tomorrow. The nearest store only had Natural, which I didn't care for. I'm anxious to try this case out, having liked the incase for the most part until it stretched.

8. Sdao macrumors 6502

I love this case. I'm using it right now. Its amazingly well built

9. chopper dave macrumors regular

headphone compatibility

Does this case increase the depth of the jack's "narrow" portion? I ask because of many headphone jacks, both homemade and commercial, which only have a certain depth of "narrow" jack before it either goes off at an angle or gets thicker.

The best reply would have a close-up pic of the jack with the case, something which the product website is lacking.

10. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Did you buy it from Apple online store? coz I cant seem to find one there. Also does the iPhone still work with the dock when the cover is on?

Also it be great if someone post the pictures of iPhone in this case

11. danny_w macrumors 601

I bought mine from the local Apple store, and no, it does not work with the iPhone dock, but it supposedly does work with the universal dock (I don't have one to try). The packaging says that it is dockable.

12. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

I noticed couple notches on the sides and one on top. I'm thinking that they are meant for some sort of a holster still in the works. Anybody have any info on this?
    BTW, this is the best case so far. Sometimes, I actually think the iPhone looks better in this case.

13. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

14. bbydon macrumors 6502a

Great case and thin. But man... what a tight fit.

It might have been perfect if it wasnt for that stupid tree on the back.
    Still best case around.

15. calvy macrumors 65816

I got mine today finally. I love it. The fit is tight I suppose, but I don't have any problem sliding the phone in there and haven't received any scratches so far from it. At least no more than were already on there I guess. But I'm very happy. I don't know if I would have liked the natural colored one, but the black looks really nice. I hate the tree on the back though, I have to agree. Kind of silly. I'd rather see a big agetn18 logo there, or nothing at all.

16. Zandian macrumors regular

I agree I really like the case. Best I've had so far, and I've been through many, many. I like it because it gives the look like the Icase without the sticky rubber or mis-shaping after use. Though it is 99.9% close fit, you can see ever so slight chrome in the corners. Not too bad though and I'm pretty picky about those things. I agree, lose the friggin' tree. Looks stupid. It has a plastic feel, but there is just enough roughness to it to not be too slippery. Though it is more slippery than rubber cases of course. The edges of the case cover the chrome very well and it doesn't look like much could get underneath it to scratch the chrome. It is tapered well also so it doesn't interfere with touchscreen usage. Also very thin compared to every other case I've tried.

I recommend it. I just wish they tapered the corners in ever so slightly so as not to see any chrome at all.

Zandian

17. laz305 macrumors regular

Agent 18 works great with a Speck Holster if anyone else likes to carry it on their hip also