Agent 18 Ecoshield case-iPhone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dlamin517, Jul 17, 2008.

1. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

So stopped by my apple store today and picked up a black agent 18 ecoshield case. It is plastic. Costs 34 bucks with tax. I would not say that this is the best case in the world. I liked my slider for my touch a little better. But i am not waiting a month for them to come out with a slider for the 3g iphone. It feels a tad cheap but all plastic cases do. Adds a little girth. Very light so it doesnt add any weight. It comes with an adapter for a dock. The black color is not as jet black as the back of the phone. It has a slight shade of dark blue to it. Plenty of breathing room for the buttons. I would say it is the best plastic case out right now. So i posted an image here and my photobucket link with has a few high quality images

Photobucket album

Attached Files:

2. iqwertyi macrumors regular

I also picked up the clear Agent 18 for my white phone.
    Here are my thoughts:
    It looks nice, but I think I would get annoyed after seeing the dust trapped inside the case (against the white, probably not as obvious if you had a black phone).
    It seems it's not fitted exactly on the phone. When I press the home button, I feel and hear a "creak/squeak" because there a little bit of gap between the phone and the case.

Maybe when I get the Invisible Shield (still waiting from 7/6/08 order) put on it will make it fit tighter.
    But even though I like how the clear looks, I may get the white one so I don't get annoyed when things get stuck in between the phone and the case.

my 0.02 cents :)

3. InTheAir macrumors regular

I just bought this one and coupled it with a Power Support Crystal Clear screen protector. I'm actually quite happy with it. One thing I have learned is that there is not 'perfect' case, but this one meets my needs--

- Protects the side and back of the iPhone
    - Doesn't add much heft/size to the iPhone
    - Protects all sides
    - Looks nice

It also overlaps the edges of the screen protector, so there is no chance of lifting the protector off a corner.

All in all, I'm satisfied enough that I probably will shelf my leather slipin and not install my BestSkinsEver film that just arrived today.

4. mjshot15 macrumors newbie

Do you feel it will scratch it?

I am looking into a case, but if it will scuff it up i might reconsider

5. InTheAir macrumors regular

I don't think it will.

It is not a "slider", so you simply place the iPhone in the backing and put the faceplate over the top (snaps together).

There are also two rubber spacers in the back plate (nothing in the front plate).

6. pj rage macrumors 6502

Looks pretty good!

How do you think it would do in a drop onto concrete/tile/something hard from waist level or higher? Protect the phone or not do much?

7. ldenning macrumors member

My wife's iphone with Ecoshield hit the pavement unharmed

I got cases for myself and the wife's 3g. Her phone was in her purse going to work. Getting out of the car, the purse caught on something and the iPhone flew out and hit the pavement from about 3 feet she said. It hit right on the corner where the coin slot is. She said that the case did absorb virtually all of the impact, though it did separate after the impact and the iPhone did come out. However, the phone has no apparent damage and case was slightly scratched.

8. lonnielove macrumors regular

Something told me that if i ever had a fall like that, That it would come out and what do you know, it happen to youR wife sorry to hear that, but thats why I sent mine back to apple store.

9. dlamin517 thread starter macrumors 6502

UPDATE: i got the contour flick and it is a lot better

10. Seibikitei macrumors member

Like an above poster, I picked this case up along with the PS anti-glare film at the Apple store. This replaced a contour iSee that I bought when I purchased the iphone and just having it on there this afternoon I'm far more satisfied with it.

The isee scratched right away but it did protect the phone for the most part. Though I didn't like how there was a ton of material around the face, when I took it off after only 2 weeks of having it on you could definitely tell where the edges of the plastic had been. The ecoshield is a lot less bulk for the same amount of protection it feels like. Combined with the anti-glare film I don't feel like I have to baby the phone so much, that I can actually set it down on a hard surface and not worry about it. Also I'm not reaching for the cleaning cloth every time I touch the thing.

Overall I like the ecoshield for it's reduced bulk from the isee and how it leaves the entire face open.