Agent18 Clear Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PhoenixFactor, Jul 26, 2008.

1. PhoenixFactor macrumors member

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had seen the Agent 18 Clear Shield in their apple store or is this a target item? I will finally be picking up my 3g on Monday (yeah backorder!) and want go pick up my case before i get it. I have the Agent 18 Clear shield on my Ipod Touch and love it. I was hoping someone might know if they have them in the store since its quite a long drive and they dont answer their phones. Thanks. If you have any other suggestions thatd be cool too.

Also, I need to decided between the crystal screen shield and the anti-glare. I have anti-glare on my touch. Can anyone tell me about the differences?

2. Seibikitei macrumors member

I was at two Apple stores yesterday, one was out of stock on the Agent 18s, the other had plenty. So they do have them, its just whether or not they have any in stock.

As for crystal vs. anti-glare, I went with anti-glare. You do sacrifice a tiny bit of clarity with the screen but I think the benefit of not having to worry about finger prints, face oil, and smudges out weighs it. I'd compare the way the anti-glare feels to the feel of a matte laptop screen or LCD. Personally I like it, combine it with the ecoshield that I bought and now I don't feel like I have to baby my phone and reach for the cleaning cloth every time I touch it.

3. PhoenixFactor thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I didnt know that the crystal protectors showed fingerprints. I will likely go with anti-glare then. Unfortunately I called my apple store and they dont have any screen protectors or the clear shield agent18 case.:mad: I waited all this time for my phone I want to be able to see the darn thing through the case. So I guess I'll be waiting longer.:(
    Thanks for the advice.