Agent18 SlimShield Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SchneiderMan, Oct 21, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Today i got my SlimShield made by Agent18, First thought i had was its super light weight and feels cheap (unlike the MicroShell by Marware).
    It's a fingerprint magnet and the there is not grippy texture to it, its slippery actually..
    The left side where the volume buttons are is loose and makes the phone wiggle slightly inside the case, not a good thing.
    The inside of the case has no guard rails its just the same plastic as the outside, its a bit hard to get your iPhone into the case and taking it out is equally hard. Again the Marware MicroShell is almost like putting your phone into a pillow case, very easy.
    These types of cases do not offer you drop protection only scratch protection for the back of your iPhone, this case does not cover the bezel as most of the slim cases.
    The camera, sleep and audio jack ports are cut out nicely.

The SlimShield come with a screen shield, cleaning cloth and a metal stand that you can use for landscape and vertical viewing. They come in black, white and blue colors for $35, now the price seems high for this type of case and i personally do not like it enough. Agent18 has better products then this slim case, and if you are interested you can get 15% off with using this code "A18Nir".
    If your looking into getting a slim type case i would highly recommend the MicroShell by marware (review has been deleted for this case sorry).
    Not good enough im sorry.

Unboxing: Here.

Pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

i personally like these type of thin cases but thats just me. i will check out MicroShell by Marware. thanks for the review

3. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Me too, and the Microshell converted me to use slim cases. I usually use sliders.. Fyi before you all want to buy something online check Retailmenot.com for codes, a lot of people dont know it and pay full retail price!

4. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

i just order a blue microshell off their website. will post when i try it on the phone for maybe a week :cool:

5. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

6. meglet macrumors member

meglet

Interesting that you have so many complaints about this case. I've had one for quite a few months, and haven't noticed the problems you describe.

No fingerprints, the cutout around the volume buttons fits nicely and is not loose, and I don't have any trouble getting the iPhone in or out of the case when I need to.

I certainly agree that $35 is a bit steep for such a simple case, though.

7. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Check the vid out, you can clearly see the case is loose there, and the phone does wiggle slightly inside.

8. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Jeez talk about overpriced! That's a rip off. I have the incipio feather that I got on Amazon for 13 as well as a clear shield for 12 amazon as well. I usually use the incipio feather (black version) but its nice to go clear sometimes. But yeah, agent 18, shame on you. Plus both cases I have go around the volume button.