agentforward Folder Opening on Startup

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sjfwhite, Nov 14, 2010.

1. sjfwhite macrumors member

sjfwhite

Hi folks - this is on 10.6.5 on my MacBook Pro. On startup, the agentforward folder is opening up (it's a subfolder nested WAY down below System/Library). The only thing that I did before this began was organized my Applications folder by creating subfolders and moving installed apps and utilities into more descriptively named folders. I could just move everything back but... I really don't want to unless I have to. :)

Any ideas how to stop this folder from opening (assuming that it is simply a benign result of me changing the locations of some of the apps that are installed and not an indication that I broke the app as well)? Thanks!

2. sjfwhite thread starter macrumors member

sjfwhite

Grrrr.... I admitted defeat and took the apps out of custom subfolders and put them back where they were originally installed. The agentforward folder opening appeared to be related to Growl. I tracked this down via console.

Is it usual for multiple instance of growl to be running? I am this message in console:

10-11-14 6:58:07 PM GrowlHelperApp[190] It appears that at least one other instance of Growl is running. This one will quit.

Is that usual or should I remove Growl (how do I do that?) and reinstall it?

Thanks!