Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zergy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
Princeton, NJ
Hi everyone,

Has anyone managed to get the AGF Ballistic protective cases to work with the White iPhone (mine is vzw if it matters)?

The disclaimer on the site says they're not compatible, I assume bc of the proximity sensor issues? Has anyone tried a mod such as cutting a proximity sensor hole or similar?

If not is there another similar rugged/outdoor case you could suggest for the White iPhone?

zergy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
Princeton, NJ
For those who care...

I thought I'd chime in incase as I've seen many others seem to have a similar issue. I ended up using the Griffin Mil-spec case (in black) and simply removing the inner screen protective-film. It was adhered to the black plastic inner case with a small amount of rubber-adhesive so no problems there.

The case now works perfectly with the proximity sensor. The only issue I would say is that it looks ugly and the thickness of the bezel around the screen makes it annoying to try to tap gui elements on the periphery of the screen. Still, works well clipped to athletic clothes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.