AGF Beetle mini review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AuroraProject, Feb 5, 2011.

1. AuroraProject, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011

AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Today I received two AGF Beetle cases, in black/blue and black/yellow. The Beetle is a two piece design, mostly hard plastic with a thin layer of tpu on the inside of the case. Volume and vibrate switch cutouts are ample, this case will work with the at&t and Verizon iPhone 4. The cutout for the dock connector is also large, exposing most of the bottom of the phone, third party dock connectors should be no problem. The sleep/wake button has a good sized cutout that is notched towards the back of the phone. This case has a unique camera cutout setup. First there is a soft gasket inside that presses up against the body of the phone. The cutout for the flash is D shaped, and honestly looks sort of odd, I'm not sure why it is cut like that. Surprisingly, there are no flash issues with this case, I took many flash pics and none showed any signs of washout, they all looked fine.
    Build quality is mediocre, there are gaps when it is installed, and there is a considerable amount of flashing left over from the molding process. The case is a bear to get off the phone, I had to fight with it to remove it. It feels decent in the hand, and I like the color accents. Drop protection would be minimal, I feel it would separate when it hit the ground. I don't use screen protectors, so I can't comment on how they work with this case.
    The AGF Beetle is currently $5 at at&t corporate stores and online at the at&t wireless website. Even for $5 I don't recommend it, they just feel cheap and the build quality is subpar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

I got the case today and I agree 100% with your review. It does work w/ screen shields for whoever is wondering. I paid $4 for it and I'm not too fond of it. Considering I got a Speck Fitted for the same price, this one was garbage

3. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i saw it at the store and passed it up the camera cut out was really weird and it just didnt look appealing to me

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I broke mine trying tout apart so I trashed it.

5. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Can't believe the original price is $35. Simply too much, who would buy this trash over a candyshell or pop? If you want the 2 piece front and back style, get the Griffin Elan Form or Speck Fitted. Much better IMO

6. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Nice, I didn't see this at my AT&T store though, I just bought the Speck Fitted and the VersaDUO Shell for the iPhone 4, will post pics soon.