AGF Case at AT&T Store (and need recommendations)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jedivulcan, Sep 13, 2010.

1. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I bought an iPhone 4 today and didn't want to leave the iPhone completely naked on its way home. I wanted something with a belt holster and the AT&T store representative pulled one of these AGF cases off the shelf. It's a case that slides the iPhone and a separate clip. I liked the belt clip holsters because it never really directly exposed the screen to anything.

Has anyone heard good stories about these things? Will this thing rub or wear on the screen or antenna? Is it any good and should I get an invisibleshield to protect against wear?

Best free case?

Thanks!

2. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

Its a Nice Case for Sure. For the Case Program, here's my recommendations

Bumper/Shield Micra/Motif - Avoid, horrible cases
    Fitted - Good, but has problems with screen protectors
    Reveal Etch - Slim and good looking, but Not too much in the way of protection
    Snap - Great Case, slim design and anti-scratch coating
    PixelSkin - Best One, Adds a little bit of Bulk, but most protective.

3. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

i saw this at the ATT store today and almost bought it. However, i was noticing the camera and flash cut outs on the back...seems like it will mess up the flash seeing how its a keyhole style and the holes itself are VERY small.

It doesnt look like the one pictured on ATT's site. The one there has a pill shape hole on the back.

Post some pics with it on. I wanted to take it out and test it on my phone, but its a clam shell package.

4. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

i just picked it up from ATT store....and guess what? its going back...

the back hole for the flash give you lovely blue circles in your pics.

I should of guessed it was going to do it.

Overall the case isnt bad...the phone has alittle play when its in the holster and it seems really snug on the phone. I have a feeling that if it was dropped it would transfer the shock to the glass and crack it.

The back feels nice though, like real carbon fiber.

5. jon snow macrumors member

Just give me back my bumper. Nothing makes you happy. :). By the way, returned the Element case.

6. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

hahah....cant say i didnt warn you =) You check out the other 2 yet? look around this forum.

Ill pop by anytime, just shoot me a message.

7. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Honestly I have the Ballistic case (the AGF case you guys are talking about).

Other than the flash (I never use it so it never bothered me anyway) it is a great but really large case.

I used it for a while without the outer rubber silicone and slid it into my pocket. The web site (http://www.goballisticcase.com/products/iphone-4-ballistic-hc-series-case) and their youtube videos said you could. I honestly liked it and thought it was a great case overall. The size of the dock port was a small issue, but that is typical for a "defender" style case.

I eventually settled on the Otterbox due to the overall size. Even with the silicone, the Otterbox is smaller than Ballistic without the silicone. I would prefer to have the harder rubber of the Ballistic case on the outside of the Otterbox so it would be easier to go in and out of pocket but I am not a case maker.

Side-note: You do need an antiglare protector on the Ballistic case to prevent the watermarking. Oddly Otterbox finally fixed that issue on theirs.