Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjsuperstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Hi,

I have been looking up this problem on the internet and haven;t found an answer to my queries. I have an M-audio Firewire Audiophile external soundcard and when I try to aggregate this device along with the built in output, the two device will not come together eg. If I click on built in output first then only it's 2 outputs show and the aggregate editor doesn't seem to recognise the 6 outputs of the soundcard. The same happens if I choose the external soundcard. Both outputs work perfectly separately but I seem to be having problems with aggregate although it should be really straight forward.

The most puzzling thing is that I aggregated the 2 devices and they worked well together and it was as simple as clicking on the two devices I wanted together. I can't undestand why it doesn't work anymore.

PS: I tried resetting the computer, resetting the soundcard everything!! Help would be much appreciated...

Thanks

glwinthedrk

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2008
was this question ever answered? i know its been since march that you posted this.. but i ran into the same problem with my usb sound card today.. it worked perfectly last night.. but this morning for some reason it does the same exact thing described above..:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.