Agile Messenger

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by giyad, Apr 3, 2009.

1. giyad macrumors regular

Ok, I'm pretty sure that you can only have one process running at a time on the iPhone, is that right or wrong? My friend told me that when he had Agile Messenger installed on his iPhone, if he was in the middle of the chat and he hit the "Home" button and then went into Safari, it would vibrate if he got an instant message on Agile... is this true, does it do that?

2. TheMBC macrumors 6502

I think Agile Messenger was once a jailbroken application that did in fact run in the background, I could be wrong, and your friend could've been running Backgrounder.

3. giyad thread starter macrumors regular

no he definitely wasn't running backgrounder, but if you look at Agile Messenger on the app store, in the description it says that "Always-on connectivity keeps your IM accounts online while you use other iPhone apps."

i just want to know how this works if the iPhone can't run two processes at the same time?

4. TheMBC macrumors 6502

No, it does not run in the background, but it will leave you connected to the client, meaning you won't sign out.

Otherwise, it sends you emails when you get a new IM, that could've been the sound...