Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
California
UI "upgrades" don't appeal to me. It's a password manager for pete sake. Version 3 works fine enough for that. Plus I use Dropbox syncing so iCloud syncing is not a feature I would jump for.

That's basically where I'm at on this too. Is there any other actual functionality that improves handling of passwords?

jmacr

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
Lame

Have yet to decide if i am mad that AgileBits is charging me for this new update.

I'm definitely mad. I bought the iPhone version AND the universal version only to be left to spend yet another $8. Seriously. I have been a 1Password supporter for many years, and probably will continue by necessity, will continue to be, but this is seriously lame.

lhotka

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
Dropped wi-fi sync

And they dropped the best feature - bi-directional wi-fi syncing. The iTunes sync instructions are non-existent. Basically it looks like you have multiple manual steps, but it's totally unclear if you can merge the files, or if it's just a one-way replacement.

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
Ok guys, incoming list of answers. I hope. If I miss something please let me know. This is from page 1 of this discussion. Page 2 will come soon.

Then the new version for the Mac will be released soon too. Hopefully a free update, just bought it two weeks ago.

The Mac version is not something that will be available "soon." We're a small team, one app at a time.

Why does this require iOS 6? Does iOS 6 have some special and required APIs?

I'm annoyed I can't run this on my jailbroken iPad 3.

But at least I got the update for half price.

iOS 6 provides many many improvements for developers. We use many of them to make it so we can provide a better experience for our users. I do apologize for the trouble here. We wish it was as simple as supporting previous versions, but it just isn't possible.

I don't mind paying again for the app, but the browser (which is the whole point of using this app) hasn't evolve enough for me to pull the trigger.

The browser is a HUGE update. It supports tabs, separate from the data in the app. So you can now switch back and forth between data and browser. The browser now lets you fill just like you do on the Mac and does Credit Cards, usernames and passwords, and also identities. It's probably one of the biggest updates to the application.

One user this morning said it has changed the way he uses his iPad. I happen to agree, it may not seem like much, but after using it I can't go back.

What would you like to see it do? Realize we may be limited by Apple on this.

I sorry but this is just so stupid...I did purchase old app at the full price...What they mean with universal all?

We're offering a variety of options for users that purchased from Nov 15 to two days ago (when the old app was pulled).

The old app is still available to install if you purchased:

iPhone: App Store->Updates->Purchases
iPad: App Store->Purchases

The new app is universal. One app. All iOS devices. Previously we had a Universal app, an iPhone only app and an iPad only app.

I had purchased 1password in 2009 via iOS, any idea why I'm requested payment again via the appstore and I can't update?

If it's a new app, they should be ashamed of themselves, it was dead expensive to begin with in '09

1Password 4 is a brand new app. From the ground up. Thousands of developer hours, testing hours, and tech support tears were shed in making this version. Virtually nothing in this app was carried over from the previous version.

We discounted the app to help existing users upgrade. We really hope you enjoy the app as much as we enjoyed creating it. If you have any concerns, please contact us directly (see my signature).

If I get this will it get this for iOS, will it sync on the iMac for free, or will i have to pay extra for the Mac version. I am currently using Lastpass

The Mac version is a separate purchase. I should note that 1Password is not a subscription service. So you buy it once and it works for as long as you want. We still provide technical support for 1Password 2 (for Mac) and that was released over 3 years ago.

We haven't charged for a Mac upgrade since 1Password 3, if I recall, it was between $20-30 for existing 1Password 2 users.

Not really; they even call it an update. The App Store description:

The notes you're seeing are for the 4.0.2 update we put up. We released 4.0, which contained all of the new features in the list. Unfortunately, we had some bugs that we had to fix. So the release was delayed and we issued an update. The App Store is showing "New Changes" for the 4.0.2 update, not the original 4.0 update.

It's a huge upgrade and a complete ground up rewrite. Some features to list off:

* Brand new 1Browser
* Favorites
* Folder support
* Filling of credit cards and identities in the browser
* Customizable item fields
* iCloud syncing

And more!

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
iTunes File Sharing

Does 1Password for Mac 3.9 support iTunes File Sharing? I do not want to use Dropbox and the iOS Version only supports iCloud, Dropbox and iTunes File Sharing.

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
California

One of the things that irritated me is that the wallet items were very limited. For example, there was no way to distinguish between credit cards and debit cards; no way to add fields of interest to me like rebates, foreign transaction fees, annual fee, date to call them to get them to waive the annual fee :); no way to flag accounts/cards as "closed" (but still keep the info there); etc.

Is it now more flexible to handle all that?

Ishimaru

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Los Angeles
It's really sad that people think $8 is expensive, yet have an iPhone that cost them at least $99 or more. If you were a developer of software, wouldn't you want to get paid for your work? Do you really think selling your app for $.99 is going to pay all your bills? It's dumb that people think everything should be $.99 and everything else is "expensive". Give me a break people. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't be using an iPhone or you should get a better job that pays you more. Hell, you pay $10+ just to go see a movie in the theaters. Let's not think like children who think everything is entitled to them, and think like adults with some common sense.

lhotka

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
Does 1Password for Mac 3.9 support iTunes File Sharing? I do not want to use Dropbox and the iOS Version only supports iCloud, Dropbox and iTunes File Sharing.

Not in the app directly, you just point itunes to the agilekeychain file on the host.

But, it's not a Sync anymore! It just replaces the device file with the one on the mac. No-bidirectional syncing of individual passwords.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I just found out you can copy the file from the desktop version to the App in iTunes and the iOS Devices can Sync from there. This appears to be manual but maybe a solution while waiting for the Mac v4 to be released.

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
Onward to page 2!

Why after 13th?

It's really the 15th and as others stated, it's kind of like a 30 day return policy type deal.

Well worth the update even just for the favourites feature.

I personally use the Favorites feature 90% of the time I open the app. :) We're glad you like it!

Even better, the AgileBits website info says it needs iOS 4.3. Off I went and bought it on my iPad (running iOS6), I go to download it on my iPhone (iOS5): "This app requires iOS 6."

I'm a bit annoyed.

There was an issue on the site that showed the old app data still. I've made the proper people aware. The new app is iOS 6 only. I'm very sorry for the confusion though. As you can imagine, for a small company that is getting this much press we are extremely overwhelmed and doing our best to keep our heads above water. This shouldn't affect users like yourself, but I hope it helps in understanding how much of a challenge this has been for us.

I am sure if you have purchased it over the past 5-6 weeks they will show an element of goodwill.

Never hurts to ask. Shoot us a support request. See my signature for details.

Well I should indeed say that I will buy it all the same. I've been using this since it was in beta stages years ago. I rely on it.
I do believe iCloud sync is not available for the desktop version yet, which is silly because it should have been updated all together to be truly useful. Also people are reporting that DB sync is not working. I hope the desktop is updated and its free. I paid for this on the iPad, iPhone, and desktop. I'd like not to pay $7.99 three times again as a truly loyal customer.

Dropbox issues in the early release last night was due to Dropbox's Authentication Server going down. There are a few issues with Dropbox/iCloud syncing but it seems to be a select few users. If you're having trouble, contact us (see my signature) and we'll help out.

This article on mobile password managers may be of interest:
http://www.elcomsoft.com/WP/BH-EU-2012-WP.pdf

This data is all out of date with regard to 1Password 4. So please keep that in mind as you read that.

Does this version still allow you to use just a 4-digit pin to open it instead of typing the master password every time you want to open the app?

The 4-digit pin in the old sense is gone. You can now setup a quick unlock code:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Settings/ios-auto-locks.html

So this doesn't work from within Safari? You have to go into the app and launch your password protected site from the app? Do I understand that correctly?

Plus you have to pay for an iOS version and pay again for a Mac version?

Wow..sounds like too much work for too many dollars.

We can't integrate into Safari. iOS does not allow this. If we could, we'd definitely look into it.

Well that kind of sucks for those of us who purchased 1Password a while back. I understand they have to keep making money and the software is great, but it's still somewhat disappointing since the nature of the App Store is that most future updates are free for those who've already bought the software. I may look into other options like LastPass or just stick with version 3 and decide what to do when it's eventually no longer supported.

We would've loved offering more options for this. But free updates for life is a sure fire way to not stay in business. For some history though, we never charged for updates to the previous apps from version 1 to version 3.7.2. That's over 3 years of free updates.

I'm sorry you feel that way though. 1Password 3 is still supported, just not sold any longer.

Looks like they removed the WiFi sync between iOS and OS X in the new iOS version. This is IMHO a huge step backwards. I don't want to store a keychain on Dropbox!

Wi-Fi Sync has been removed from 1Password 4 for iOS because, honestly, it was not a great customer experience. It was difficult to set up, and more so, difficult for many customers to maintain. The app on the Mac and the iOS device would need to be open simultaneously, and it was a very manual process.

Also, if the Wi-Fi network's information changed, sync would break completely. You have no idea how many routers we've asked customers to reboot!

Cloud syncing via iCloud (iOS for now, Mac soon, by soon I mean months but not years) and Dropbox is effortless and automatic. It provides the best experience for customers because it is consistent, fast, and reliable.

If the cloud is not your cup of tea, we have added iTunes File Sharing. iTunes File Sharing works over USB or iTunes' built-in Wi-Fi Sync for your device. It skips the Internet entirely and connects either directly to your computer, or at most over your local wireless network. You can get started with iTunes File Sharing here: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/iTunes-File-Sharing/itfs-getting-started.html

UI "upgrades" don't appeal to me. It's a password manager for pete sake. Version 3 works fine enough for that. Plus I use Dropbox syncing so iCloud syncing is not a feature I would jump for.

1Password 4 is more than just a facelift. It's a brand new app from the ground up. New features include:

* Favorites
* Folders
* Attachments
* 1Browser (Filling for Credit Cards, Passwords, and Identities)
* Tabs in the browser window
* iCloud syncing (can be used at the same time as Dropbox syncing, too)

The list goes on. Including a brand new look. But that's only one of the many updates.

Last edited:

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
Love the update!

It's been stable for me. The import process was easy and all data seems to be where it should be.

The Browser is MUCH better. I can see myself using it far more. I love the icons for the categories. I do have one issue.

Some stuff was categorized in an interesting manner. Meaning ...I have Alaska and Delta airlines in different categories. One is in Rewards and the other in Memberships. Does the iOS version allow us to edit categories?

Also Kyle how do Linked Accounts work. Frederico Vittichi reference them in his review. I'm assuming that the linked accounts allow me to add sub-domains under a given login but I'd certainly like to know more about this feature.

Also ...Agile adding "Demo Mode" is going to help out tremendously. I hate having to hide my phone when I login to show people how it works. Problem solved.

You already have my $8.

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
Hmm, that's too bad, I was actually warming to the idea of a bundle. But as you said, they can still offer deals to just the software, and I'll wager they will before too long. It doesn't even require a v4 launch. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a boxing day sale or something. Whatever the next price break is, I'll go with that.

Yea, we can't bundle iOS apps with anything. Limitation of the App Stores. Sign up for our newsletter and you'll typically hear about promotions that way.

Am I missing something? If someone doesn't want to upgrade, they can keep using their existing copy of 1Password on their iOS devices, correct?

I just launched 1Password 3.x on my iPhone and it still works just fine. Looking at the new features of 1Password 4 and thinking about how I use the program, I don't really see it being worth it for me to upgrade at this time. 1Password 3.x already does everything I need.

1Password 3 is still available for purchasers in the Purchased section of the App Store. It won't go away from there.

We also still provide technical support for it. That won't be going away.

Any word on when the Mac v4 will be released? I understand I can buy the 3.9 version and upgrade for free but I want iCloud support on all of my devices. I am new to 1Password. I went ahead and bought the iOS version but don't plan to enter my data until I get the Mac Version. Is their a beta version of Mac v4?

The Mac version is a ways off. Don't expect it anytime soon.

If you purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store you'll get a free upgrade to 1Password 4 (for Mac only) when it comes out in the future.

I'm liking the idea of it, however I haven't been able to use v4 yet. I keep getting the error "Failed to list data folder in Dropbox. The operation couldn't be completed. (dropbox.com error 404.)

bummer

If you're still having trouble (i think it fixed up for you though) please contact us so we can help. Forums like this don't work well for support :) See my signature for the links.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Cloud syncing via iCloud (iOS for now, Mac soon)
AGKyle, this statement seems to contradict your prior statement in your other post.

"The Mac version is not something that will be available "soon." We're a small team, one app at a time."

Which is it? Are you planning to add iCloud support to version 3.9.nnn? I am a software developer myself and I don't like to give out dates until the programming is done and I am simply doing final testing. But, if you could give us a some more details about when we can get iCloud Sync it would be really helpful since it is such a big feature of the iOS Version.

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
Page 4!

That's basically where I'm at on this too. Is there any other actual functionality that improves handling of passwords?

Lots of new features. It's a brand new app!

* Favorites
* Folders
* 1Browser (filling of credit cards, identities and passwords!)
* Tabbed browsing built in
* iCloud syncing
* Attachments!

So much more!

I'm definitely mad. I bought the iPhone version AND the universal version only to be left to spend yet another $8. Seriously. I have been a 1Password supporter for many years, and probably will continue by necessity, will continue to be, but this is seriously lame.

Sorry you're mad. We would love to provide free updates for life, but free for life isn't something our accountant thought was a good idea. At least not if you wanted to see the app continue to exist.

All joking aside, we would really have loved to included this for free for everyone. But as others have stated, we have families to feed and bills to pay. Most importantly, to make sure we can continue to provide world class customer support we couldn't provide it for free. I am sorry though.

We hope you enjoy 1Password 4 as much as we've enjoyed making it!

And they dropped the best feature - bi-directional wi-fi syncing. The iTunes sync instructions are non-existent. Basically it looks like you have multiple manual steps, but it's totally unclear if you can merge the files, or if it's just a one-way replacement.

Wifi syncing is extremely temperamental. Some users had no issues. Others couldn't get it to work at all. We felt it was not giving our users the best possible experience we could provide.

Is there a reason why you can't use Dropbox syncing? If you have security concerns I can probably give you all the information you need for security on that. We all use Dropbox here at AgileBits. We wouldn't ask you to do it if it wasn't secure.

Let me know what your concerns are and I'll tackle them.

iTunes File Sharing is done through iTunes.

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/iTunes-File-Sharing/itfs-getting-started.html

Let me know if that helps explain it.

One of the things that irritated me is that the wallet items were very limited. For example, there was no way to distinguish between credit cards and debit cards; no way to add fields of interest to me like rebates, foreign transaction fees, annual fee, date to call them to get them to waive the annual fee :); no way to flag accounts/cards as "closed" (but still keep the info there); etc.

Is it now more flexible to handle all that?

You can now add fields to any item. Want a Annual Fee field? You can add it. :)

I just found out you can copy the file from the desktop version to the App in iTunes and the iOS Devices can Sync from there. This appears to be manual but maybe a solution while waiting for the Mac v4 to be released.

Yup, manual syncing only with iTunes File Sharing. It basically puts the data in a file that can be dragged out of iTunes. See here:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/iTunes-File-Sharing/itfs-getting-started.html

Love the update!

It's been stable for me. The import process was easy and all data seems to be where it should be.

The Browser is MUCH better. I can see myself using it far more. I love the icons for the categories. I do have one issue.

Some stuff was categorized in an interesting manner. Meaning ...I have Alaska and Delta airlines in different categories. One is in Rewards and the other in Memberships. Does the iOS version allow us to edit categories?

Also Kyle how do Linked Accounts work. Frederico Vittichi reference them in his review. I'm assuming that the linked accounts allow me to add sub-domains under a given login but I'd certainly like to know more about this feature.

Also ...Agile adding "Demo Mode" is going to help out tremendously. I hate having to hide my phone when I login to show people how it works. Problem solved.

You already have my $8.

Hrm. Interesting issue. On your Mac, are each of them the same "type" of item? You'll find them in the Wallet area, but Memberships and Reward programs would be different items in 1Password 4, though both were under "wallet" in the previous version.

As for the linked accounts. These are for Logins only. If you edit a login, you'll see a "Website 2" option appear. This lets you use the same username/password on two separate domains. (gmail.com and google.com for example).

Demo Mode was created for our use, but we felt it was so great that we had to give it to users too! Glad you're enjoying it!

mcrawley

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
b/t North Zulch and Snook
Onward to page 2!
snip....

Cloud syncing via iCloud (iOS for now, Mac soon{See note below}) and Dropbox is effortless and automatic. It provides the best experience for customers because it is consistent, fast, and reliable.

...Snip....

* Customizable item fields - Awesome! Documentation?

The Mac version is a ways off. Don't expect it anytime soon.

Do the seemingly conflicting "soons" mean that the Mac v3 is going to get iCloud syncing prior to v4?

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
AGKyle, this statement seems to contradict your prior statement in your other post.

"The Mac version is not something that will be available "soon." We're a small team, one app at a time."

Which is it? Are you planning to add iCloud support to version 3.9.nnn? I am a software developer myself and I don't like to give out dates until the programming is done and I am simply doing final testing. But, if you could give us a some more details about when we can get iCloud Sync it would be really helpful since it is such a big feature of the iOS Version.

Perhaps soon was the wrong word to use. We don't plan to release the Mac version in the near future. It'll be month rather than weeks or days. I'll edit my original reply to clarify (nothing will be removed, just added). So, lets say months. Soon is relative I guess, but not sooner than that.

It won't be in version 3.

Do note that you can sync Dropbox and iCloud at the same time. Our new syncing manager can sync to both.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
Yup ..just tried the Linked Account feature when I found a site wasn't prompting my login info at its sign in page. Worked like a charm.

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
Do the seemingly conflicting "soons" mean that the Mac v3 is going to get iCloud syncing prior to v4?

Yea, sorry for the conflicting responses here. As you can imagine seeing 4 pages of replies can become overwhelming fast.

Let me clarify that:

Soon is not soon in days or weeks. Soon is in months, but not in years.

We don't have any official release schedule for the Mac version.

It's important to note that the current version of 1Password 3 cannot do iCloud syncing. Many people are unaware that iCloud syncing requires data be in a particular format and designed around being able to be stored in iCloud. It's pretty specific.

To Sync with iCloud we had to rewrite the format we used for 1Password 4. We'll release details on this for users to read in the future. It's just not ready yet. Though if you have questions, contact us via support and we can give you some information if you're worried about something specific.

----------

Yup ..just tried the Linked Account feature when I found a site wasn't prompting my login info at its sign in page. Worked like a charm.

Do note that these new websites added here do not transfer to the Mac. They won't disappear on the iOS version, but they won't show up on the Mac. This feature only works on iOS.

Pretty awesome feature though :)

mcrawley

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
b/t North Zulch and Snook
Kyle - thanks for the quick replies.

* Customizable item fields - Awesome! Is there documentation? And will they show up in v3 for Mac or PC?

And I use a number of smart folders keyed on tags on the Mac version - anyway these can be pulled into the folder tab on v4?

Yujenisis

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2002
If I buy 1Password 3.8 from the Agile Store, can I still get a free copy of 1Password 4?

We have not yet announced our free upgrade terms for customers who purchase from the Agile Store. However, if you purchase from the Mac App Store, you will get a free upgrade to 1Password 4.

I was happy to shell out $8 for an improved version of the iPhone/iPad app.

I will, however, not be happy if my long-term support for this company means I am treated less well than people who bought the same App for the same price from the MAS.

The whole reason I bought 1Password directly from the developer was to support AgileBits and save them Apple's 30% cut. I knew about the company and the quality of the product already and thought they deserved the difference.

Why is it even a question that they'd treat non-MAS 1Password users differently?

Gandalf!

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2005
Kyle,

I appreciate your all your responses. The new app is fantastic!

Two questions -

I was trying to re-categorize a current login (my bank) to the banking category from within the app and didn't see a way to do that. Is that possible or will it be in a future update?

If my wife and I have different iCloud accounts, should we just use dropbox for syncing on our iPhones or is iCloud syncing still possible?

Thanks!

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
Kyle - thanks for the quick replies.

* Customizable item fields - Awesome! Is there documentation? And will they show up in v3 for Mac or PC?

And I use a number of smart folders keyed on tags on the Mac version - anyway these can be pulled into the folder tab on v4?

There is some documentation here:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Features/Vault/ios-manage-items.html

Basically when you create an item you'll see the same type of thing you see in the Contacts/Phone app when adding a new contact.

They won't show up on the Mac or PC, though. Sorry about that.

Smart Tags are actually pretty CPU intensive. And not easily done on an iOS device yet. Perhaps in the future.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Like the UI upgrade piece that lets you flag your favorites (and view them on their own screen), so you don't have to search thru a list of 100+ for the 5 that you use on a regular basis? :confused:

lhotka

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
Wi-Fi Sync has been removed from 1Password 4 for iOS because, honestly, it was not a great customer experience. It was difficult to set up, and more so, difficult for many customers to maintain. The app on the Mac and the iOS device would need to be open simultaneously, and it was a very manual process.

Also, if the Wi-Fi network's information changed, sync would break completely. You have no idea how many routers we've asked customers to reboot!

Cloud syncing via iCloud (iOS for now, Mac soon, by soon I mean months but not years) and Dropbox is effortless and automatic. It provides the best experience for customers because it is consistent, fast, and reliable.

If the cloud is not your cup of tea, we have added iTunes File Sharing. iTunes File Sharing works over USB or iTunes' built-in Wi-Fi Sync for your device. It skips the Internet entirely and connects either directly to your computer, or at most over your local wireless network. You can get started with iTunes File Sharing here: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/iTunes-File-Sharing/itfs-getting-started.html

Except that those instructions are totally useless. They assume that you're already in the app, but you can't get into the app to follow them! If you select 'already use 1password', and the 'itunes sync' it just opens up an Apple KB article. No information on what file to sync (I can't seem to find the agilekeychain file on the mac to point it to).

It also appears that this is a one-way bulk keychain transfer, not a true password-level incremental sync, so that's a major reduction in functionality.

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
I was happy to shell out $8 for an improved version of the iPhone/iPad app.

I will, however, not be happy if my long-term support for this company means I am treated less well than people who bought the same App for the same price from the MAS.

The whole reason I bought 1Password directly from the developer was to support AgileBits and save them Apple's 30% cut. I knew about the company and the quality of the product already and thought they deserved the difference.

Why is it even a question that they'd treat non-MAS 1Password users differently?

The whole story is something like this.

We wanted to release the Mac App Store version for customers. They were asking for it. It took longer than expected. The plan was to release the Mac version of 1Password 4 much sooner. Things happen, right?

So we offered this for MAS customers because we felt it was the right thing to do.

I don't think we'll be leaving website customers without options. What those options are, I don't know, but it's something you'll have to be patient and wait for when 1Password 4 for Mac is closer to release. There just isn't anything to tell you right now or I'd be happy to help.

We've always tried to do what is right for our customers. There are limits to this but we don't plan to leave you high and dry. Please try to keep that in mind when asking "What would AgileBits do?" If you have concerns, ask us and we'll try to help. Shoot me a message via the support link in my signature if you have questions, title it "Attention Kyle" and I'll make sure to respond to you personally.

Kyle,

I appreciate your all your responses. The new app is fantastic!

Two questions -

I was trying to re-categorize a current login (my bank) to the banking category from within the app and didn't see a way to do that. Is that possible or will it be in a future update?

If my wife and I have different iCloud accounts, should we just use dropbox for syncing on our iPhones or is iCloud syncing still possible?

Thanks!

You're welcome! And thank you for the kind words. I'll pass it along to the team :)

There isn't a way to recategorize items. At this point you still want to keep items separate. I'm not sure how this may change in the future. But for now, banking area stuff is for storing banking related things and logins are for logins. You can just add custom fields to them now, which wasn't possible before.

You'll need to use Dropbox if you use separate iCloud accounts. All of the iCloud syncing is handled by iCloud. We sort of put data in a folder and iCloud syncs that data by magic. So we can't control what iCloud account it goes to. It just goes to the iCloud account that is setup on the iOS device.

Dropbox you can control though. So if you go that route you'll get the ability to share the same data.

Please let me know if that helps or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.