Ah!!! My lacie Movies all gone!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by acearchie, May 25, 2007.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Some idiot at my school thought it would be funny to drag my movies folder to the recycling bin. I have now emptied it and now have lost all the films without knowing they were in there! Is there anyway I can recover them?

I havent turned off the computer or removed the hard drive!

Its litreally just happened!!!!

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-152947.html

Looks like it'll run you $99 to maybe get them back.

Are they home movies? If so that stinks. If they are rips of your DVD's you can just rerip them. It'll take longer but it'll be cheaper.

Did they drag them to the Recycling Bin (Windows) or the Trash (Mac)?

Also have you emptied the trash? Because if you haven't they're just sitting there.

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

The Trash in OSX and i have emptied it because I was deleting something else and then I realised all my movies from my LaCie had gone!!!!

Does anyone have any idea how long the time is before the data is completely gone???

Its 60GB of home movie stuff!

BTW: my laptop is off and it was on for about 30 mins before i realised the films were gone!!!!

Thanks

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

There is no set "time". I would say you're better off since it's on your external drive but make sure you dismount and turn off your external drive. If something is irreplaceable, do your best to make sure you can replace it. It's a good rule to follow with computers.