Ah, what a day! (FML)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nickspohn, Mar 15, 2009.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

So me and this girl who I have a thing for hung out the whole day today, mainly looking at puppies because we want a new dog. We were pretty far from home looking at these puppies too. We had a description of a dog that we wanted, and the 3rd place we went to had this puppy. It was $2200, but on sale for $1000. Very expensive I know.

Anyways, we fell in love with it before we knew the price. Then we had to leave it. I don't have $1000 for a dog right now.

After we left, I proceeded to get in a car accident. It was my fault. First accident. Never gotten a ticket before. I'm 18. I get traffic school and a $75 fine. The person that hit me didn't have her insurance card with her. She doesn't get in trouble at all. She was a resident of the town. I wasn't.

End rant. It was my fault in the long run, but im pissed about the whole traffic school deal.

[​IMG]

2. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

That sucks. I'm sorry, man.

Question. Why are you considering purchasing a $1000 dog for a "girl you have a thing for"? Seems like a whole lotta effort for a non-guaranteed return.

Also, FML is my bread and butter. I can't live without that site anymore.

3. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Oh the dog is for me and I'll always have it. We just like the same thing. I totally know and agree with what your saying though. :)

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

That sucks, sorry to hear about the car.

I was in an accident last week and one of the people involved didn't have insurance, she flat out told the cop she didn't have any, and he didn't give her a ticket. I think he was being nice because she was visibly shaken up by the accident and was in tears, but that is no excuse for not having insurance and she should've gotten a ticket. I think what pisses me off even more is, since it's likely my fault, my insurance company has to pay out to her. I think if you don't have insurance, you shouldn't be allowed to file a claim against someone else's insurance. FWIW, I didn't get a ticket either, I would've been even more angry if I got one and she didn't.

5. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I can't imagine saying "girl I have a thing for" and "we want a new dog" in the same sentence. If you live together, I sure hope you have more than a creepy stalker relationship with her :eek: If you don't live together, you're not getting a dog together. She's helping you pick out a dog.

Anyways, that sucks. If the woman didn't have insurance documentation, she should have gotten at least a fix-it (prove it) ticket.

Also, ticket doesn't equal car accident. Did you have both? If so, that sucks :(

6. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Thankfully, the police are really clamping down on it in the UK. At the very least you get your car taken away, but it can even be crushed. A hefty fine and points on your license too. I don't know what the deal is with insurance paying out when you hit an uninsured driver, but I bet the insurance companies really fight against it.

7. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Amusing, considering you operate under Tort law.

Up here it's no-fault, which IMO is just a sop to bad driving. Why should I pay higher premiums for some idiot that can't drive properly.

8. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

That sucks. Sorry to hear about your accident. This morning my brother was in an accident also. His car which hasn't been in a accident ever was pretty bad. He wasn't hurt thankfully.

9. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Accidents, even minor, are never fun. sorry to hear it..

10. TK B$K macrumors 6502

11. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

LOL! love your teacher!;)