Ahh.. enjoying the iPad outside

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
It's 86 degrees with a nice breeze here sittin outside gettin some sun and using my friend's iPad. I think this is what the device is all about.. mobile freedom enjoyable anywhere, thanks Apple!

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
It's 86 degrees with a nice breeze here sittin outside gettin some sun and using my friend's iPad. I think this is what the device is all about.. mobile freedom enjoyable anywhere, thanks Apple!
So kind of like a smartphone in terms of "mobile freedom enjoyable anywhere"?

themanfromvlad

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2006
Montreal
On Sunday I was outside in the sun and found that the combo of sunlight, glossy display and greasy fingerprints make the iPad unusable.

I love the device and it works fine indoors, under shade or under cloud, but in the sun, even at full brightness it's a disaster.

Sent from my iPad.

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2008
Yeah, OP, good luck using your ipad outside in DIRECT sunlight. Not going to happen. Even inside a Starbucks sitting NEAR the window, the INDIRECT sunlight shining through the window was enough to make reading my ipad a chore. I don't even want to think what it would be like using it OUTDOORS. ;)

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Yeah, OP, good luck using your ipad outside in DIRECT sunlight. Not going to happen. Even inside a Starbucks sitting NEAR the window, the INDIRECT sunlight shining through the window was enough to make reading my ipad a chore. I don't even want to think what it would be like using it OUTDOORS. ;)
Had an antiglare overlay on it :cool:

GoWSox

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
Lincoln Park, IL
lets hope you are wearing clothes from urban outfitters, :) just kidding!

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
God if only I could do the same with, like, a Macbook or something. :rolleyes:
Yeah, if only. The iPad's a lot easier to bring around than a clunky laptop that you have to open every time. Just hit the on switch on the iPad.

Like carrying around a magazine.

amirite

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2009
Yeah, if only. The iPad's a lot easier to bring around than a clunky laptop that you have to open every time. Just hit the on switch on the iPad.

Macbooks are clunky laptops now? Haha oh Apple users...

ScrewTheDaisies

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009

This. I've been hanging out on the porch with the dogs today while working on the iPad, something I never did with my laptops (but usually do with my iPhone). It's just so easy to pick up and take along.