Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBoy111

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
I'm just had a very serious issue arise. About a month ago I accidentally replaced one of my folders, as I was moving another folder with the same name into the same directory, so it replaced the other one. I did not think I had any important files in the old folder, so I didn't mind.

I have just realized now, that I had some very important files in there which I cannot retrieve from anywhere else!

Is there any way that I can re-retrieve this folder? I know how it can be done on a PC, but I'm more new to Macs. I'm using Tiger on a MacBook, if that helps...

Thanks,
iBoy111

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
A Month ago? Probably not. The chances are that the files have been overwritten on the disk (as would happen on a PC too). You could try something like FileSalvage but I wouldn't hold your breath.

iBoy111

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
A Month ago? Probably not. The chances are that the files have been overwritten on the disk (as would happen on a PC too). You could try something like FileSalvage but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Thanks, I'll try it out. Hopefully it was a bit less than a month ago...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.