Ahh! My freakin dog! Can this be fixed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BiikeMike, Sep 8, 2008.

1. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

So, my dog was sitting next to me on the couch, and I was on my computer. My idiot friend rang the doorbell, and my idiot dog jumped up to run for the door. On his way, he hit the screen of my Macbook Pro. I held on to the wrist rest area so it would not fall on the ground, and then there was a SNAP! and my screen opened almost all the way.

I closed it and it still works, but now it seems the spring that keeps the screen open is not doing its job. Unless my laptop is fully open, it slams shut. Is there a way to fix this?

2. tecknical macrumors regular

probably one of the tension springs snapped out of its place. i'd say kick your dog, but there's nothing much you can do unless you wanna take the screen apart

3. lauph macrumors regular

Or you can borrow/ask the dog for a few ligaments or tendons to fix the joint..

4. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

5. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

lmfao
    if you still have warranty on the thing like apple care protection take it to the apple store and have it fixed there. it should take pretty fast
    if not then tough luck. you can still take it in but they'll probably charge you

6. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

7. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

So wait.... Your friend is an idiot for ringing the doorbell?

It sucks to hear that story though. I usually avoid using my mobile machines away from solid surfaces like desks due to some traumatic experiences I've had in the past. Though my cat and dog are relatively mild mannered, I don't let them near my computers because they can be unpredictable creatures at times.

8. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

...not to mention the dog was just doing what he was supposed to do. :rolleyes:

9. BiikeMike thread starter macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

haha, yes, my friend is an idiot because they made the dog get up. My dog is an idiot because he got up hastily. He should have asked me if I wanted him to get the door, and then carefully gotten up and trotted to the door. Not swung his head like a madman, knocked my computer, and ran to the door like a crazy rabid dog! It's not feesable that this could be MY fault! :D

I do have AppleCare, but wouldn't they classify this as "accidental damage"?

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Neither the Warranty nor AppleCare will cover accidental damage.

11. TheCookie macrumors regular

TheCookie

But if you're a subscriber to fraud (as a disturbing number of MacRumors members seem to be), just don't tell them how it happened.

12. BiikeMike thread starter macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Don't ask, Don't tell...