Ahh the humanity! Selected for Hellgate: London closed beta

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by krunk, Oct 18, 2007.

1. krunk macrumors regular

About 7 or 8mths ago I signed up for the Hellgate: London beta trials. I have a ppc mac, but have had the money for a mac pro upgrade squirreled away for a while.

There's a couple of reasons I didn't buy the intel based Mac Pro's off the bat. The first being, I never buy first revisions. They inevitably have kinks to be worked out and "issues".

Some examples would be the first revision ppc Powermacs. The high end card available for them at the time caused loss of all video when transitioning from full screen opengl mode back to desktop if fullscreen was run for more then say, an hour or so. With the mac pro, we've seen heating issues with the cards and various problems with bootcamp amongst others.

Anyway, I couldn't imagine a technology product going without revision for as long as it's been. So I signed up thinking there'd be no way a nice, shiny revision 2 Mac Pro wouldn't be sitting under my desk by now.

The Hellgate beta acceptance notification just served as a stark reminder of how stale the Pro line has gotten.

Here's to hoping we don't set a "dead horse" record with 2 year old Mac Pro.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

3. krunk thread starter macrumors regular

I know I'm on pins and needles! But really, my anticipation propensity has been numbed over the last year or so.. hehe

4. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

I'm confused, why is there still a beta test if the game is coming out on Halloween? :confused:

5. krunk thread starter macrumors regular

Iron out the last few kinks. Beta's are usually when in house testing shows a solid/near ready release. But, of course, it's nie impossible to predict issues that may arise when your user base and configuration of systems increases exponentially.

Thus, it allows fixing of these unforseen issues.