Ahh (*#(!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TSE, Feb 13, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I just updated my macbook to 10.5.2 yesteday, now my 'r', 'f', and '4' key aren't working. I had to copy and paste the letters...

I DO NO HAVE THE TIME TO SEND IT IN ANYTIME SOON.

2. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Hey.. try calling some apple stores in your location. I think if they have the part in stock they can do the repair in store. I'm not 100% sure though. Just call and ask.

-JoE

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

what?

reset the PRAM (google: "resetting pram") and then reinstall the combo update

4. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

I have been on the phone since I made this post, and the peson i spoke to is going to call me back. :rolleyes:

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

k..did you do what i said?

6. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes. I did, and I even had the Apple Rep tell me to do it over. Didn't work. Someone higher up on the chain is going to be calling me within 48 hours, and I told the apple rep if I could possible get a MBP since I had this particular macbook from having it replacing a 1st generation Macbook of the same model, he said possibly.

I now have another question:

If I get a Replacement MBP, and new MBPs come in within 2 weeks, can I get it replaced?

7. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

Don't get greedy before you're current machine is working or replaced. You are begging for more headaches!

8. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Don't be greedy. If they are giving you a MBP in replacement of your MB you should count your lucky stars.

9. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Okay, I realize that I am going over the top. I hope to get a MBP instead of a blackbook though, seeing as I just got a blackbook replaced before, and I am tired of having to call every 2 hours.

10. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Your problem is just in software. You could easily do an Archive and Install which will replace your system folder with a new one while keeping your settings and softwares in place.
    There's no need to replace the machine, that's extreme, unless you are doing it for the sake of just trying to get over on Apple.
    How does a software update lead you into a replacement let alone an upgrade??

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You're entitled to a working Macbook, not a new MBP. However, if they give it to you, just take it gratefully, and don't worry about any new ones coming out.

(The new ones will probably be buggy for the first month anyway.)

12. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

I don't know. We tried many different techniques and the key just wasn't registering, on top of that the caps lock key cant be turned off anymore. I am going to be happy whichever way it goes.

I am using my imac btw. :D

13. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Have you tried Archive and Install as I mentioned earlier? That most likely will solve your keyboard problems.